Attachment Parenting
Options

Pillow top

At what age will it be safe so cosleep in a very cushy pillow top matress? I have a 5 week old and I have been staying on my firm guest bed and I miss my bed. I want to be sure my LO is safe first and foremost
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pillow top

• Options

I wouldn't be comfortable with it until about 6 months, when they can sit up, roll over, and are starting to crawl - when they have motor skills down and can "save" themselves from suffocating.  However, we do have a memory foam mattress.  Since he doesn't weigh enough to sink it down at all, I haven't worried.  DS1 slept on it too. Maybe you could go shopping for a suitable mattress topper for your guest bed that is more comfy, but safer?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He was in his RnP next to my bed until he could crawl well. Then he moved into our bed with all it's fluffy-ness
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How cushy are you talking? If their face can sink into it, I would wait until over a year. If they can turn their race and their nose with both nostrils are visible, it should be ok once they are rolling really well around 4-6 months. This was the advice my son's pedi gave me. We bed share and have a memory foam mattress but it is extremely firm and my sons a belly sleeper. I was really worried about him sleeping on his belly on it, but both his nostrils are clearly visible and he lifts himself up and turns his head like a pro and has started rolling. so while I still worry, I do feel comfortable with him on his belly on it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was nervous about the pillow top so I got one of those in the bed cosleepers, when he outgrew that I had him in a bassinet that I took off the base and put in the bed next to me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"