Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping while driving?

I read a few posts where some moms were pumping on their commute. My car has tinted windows, so it think I'd have enough privacy while driving, but was curious how exactly everyone did this, ie, which handsfree nursing tools were used and when you attached and detached. My commute is about 30 minutes, 1/3 of it is on the highway.

My third and final baby is not due until November but I'd like to figure this out in advance, any tips would be helpful!

Re: Pumping while driving?

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

I've only pumped while driving a couple times (when LO was still sleeping when I left for work.) so others may have better tips than me.

I hook up before I pull out of my driveway. I use the Simple Wishes Hands Free Pump bra (I use it for pumping while at work too.) and I love it.  Have been using it for more than 6 months & it still works great.  Definitely get a car adapter for your pump, don't use batteries.  You don't get as much suction with batteries.  I just unhook when I get to the parking lot at work, but my commute is only about 20 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Mwalte4Mwalte4 member
    Do you wear it all day? Or do you change out of it once you find the nearest bathroom? Ie, is it a normal bra with super qualities?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hooked up in the daycare parking lot.  First I'd put on the nursing cover, then unhook my nursing bra and put the Simple Wishes bra under my shirt, over the nursing bra.  Attach everything, get it started so I could adjust the suction/placement of the flanges when necessary, and then head out.

Once I got to my work parking lot I'd unhook and readjust my clothing.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My commute is 30 min also. I hook everything up in my driveway, or the parking lot at work. Throw on a nursing cover and go. After 15-20 min I turn the pump off and disconnect once I get home/work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mwalte4Mwalte4 member
    Thanks all, very helpful!
  • Options
    ave1012ave1012 member
    I would pump on the way to and from work and also while running errands (depending on how long it would take to get there). I had a Simple Wishes Hands Free Bra. I would hook everything up before I started driving and throw a small blanket over me. I would then turn the pump off after I pumped for whatever time and then disconnect once I parked. I did this for over 10 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"