September 2012 Moms

Refusing solids

Up until about a week ago my DD was all about eating anything I offered.  Then suddenly she just refused to eat.  She literally won't even open her mouth.  Any idea what could be going on?  Anyone else having this issue?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Refusing solids

• Have you tried offering finger foods? She may not want you to feed her anymore? Just a thought!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • imageKellersPrag:
    Have you tried offering finger foods? She may not want you to feed her anymore? Just a thought!

This. Also, is she teething? The infant nutritionist that came to Mommy and Me said this could be a reason that they suddenly stop wanting solids around this age.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageKellersPrag:
    Have you tried offering finger foods? She may not want you to feed her anymore? Just a thought!

I was just looking into this!  She'll eat her puffs but refuse the purees so I thought it might be worth a try.  DH gets freaked out by her feeding herself though.

• imageLollyLawlz:

imageKellersPrag:

I was just looking into this!  She'll eat her puffs but refuse the purees so I thought it might be worth a try.  DH gets freaked out by her feeding herself though.

Just offer pieces that she can hold and control for herself. That way whatever she gets in her mouth, she will have total control over.
    I type this as my daughter is eating a hamburger. :]
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • BPerBPer member

DD went through this for the last week, and then suddenly started devouring solids again.

Also, congrats! 

• LO does this when he is teething, I wouldn't be surprised if a tooth popped up in the next few days!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLollyLawlz:

imageKellersPrag:

This is what happened to us.  DD refuses purees now.  She'll pretty much devour anything that is in a finger food sized chunk, though.  Just wanted her independence I guess!

• imageBPer:

DD went through this for the last week, and then suddenly started devouring solids again.

Also, congrats! 

This is what I'm hoping for but in the meantime I'm going to try out more finger foods!  Oh and thanks!  Little bit of a surprise lol.  

• No advice, just here to say congrats!

• danabsddanabsd member

imagelbrown9807:
    LO does this when he is teething, I wouldn't be surprised if a tooth popped up in the next few days!

This! 

• Weaning is not an easy way to go. You should just be patient.. I'm using https://goodmomming.com to choose the right solids for my LO, it got all the stress from me, except from the mess. Patience is the key-word! She'll get back to solids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"