February 2013 Moms

Vacation WWYD?

For Memorial Day weekend DH and I are heading to my ILs lake house to hang out and go boating. While the 9 hour drive there alone is making me nervous, I'm also wondering what I should do with DS. My little ginger is pretty fairskinned and I don't want him to get burnt, but at the same time, I don't want to make the trek there only to sit in the house the whole time. I know sunscreens aren't recommended for LOs this small our pedi said not before 6months so what should we do? I have a large hat for him... How should I dress him? Long sleeves and pants? Also, another dumb question, should I keep him in the boat the whole time or would it be okay to let him come in the shallow ends of the water? Sorry if these are super dumb questions... I'm a clueless FTM.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Vacation WWYD?

• To keep the baby out of the sun, bring an umbrella.

I would also let babiws
  • To keep the baby out of the sun, bring an umbrella.

I would also let baby in the shallow part of the water.

FYI, we are at the beach 6 hours away for a wrdding , car ride went very well.
  • Loading the player...
  • nlp1990nlp1990 member
    My pedi said that we could use sun screen on LO.
  • imagenlp1990:

Ours too, and to keep her in the shade as well. He said the recommendation is on the bottle to prevent people from putting lotion on their babies and letting them be in the sun all day. We'll be using sunblock (Blue Lizard) and keeping her in the shade.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • nlp1990nlp1990 member
    imageRenee1105:

imagenlp1990:

Ours too, and to keep her in the shade as well. He said the recommendation is on the bottle to prevent people from putting lotion on their babies and letting them be in the sun all day. We'll be using sunblock (Blue Lizard) and keeping her in the shade.

Yup! That's what ours said too.
  • I was reading an article recently about the difference between sunscreen and sunblock...  I'd get some sunblock and rock the hat/long sleeves/umbrella plan. :) I agree with PP who said an A&A blanket works well!  I used them a lot when we were in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CougFanCougFan member
    Do you have a lifejacket for LO? In addition I suggest an inflatable bathtub while in the boat. If you had to leave boat the water is way too cold for LO. Put him in it and push him to shore. Also if water his below 85 he will get cold fast!Sun block, not sunscreen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenlp1990:
    imageRenee1105:

imagenlp1990:

Yup! That's what ours said too.

Same. ped. said wash it off when you head back inside for the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"