April 2013 Moms

Anyone using generic formula?

What kind do you use?  Are there any you found that you didn't like?

We've been buying enfamil premium newborn but that shtuff is expensive!!  I know the generic's have to meet FDA standards but I'm not sure how close they are to the brand name ones.  I'd go to the store to compare but we're going through a NEVER ENDING growth spurt at the moment and it's just way easier to stay home through it.

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone using generic formula?

• I use Parents Choice, comparable to Similac. Seems to be fine. 
    Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Our pediatrician told us they're all made by like two companies so they're basically the same. We use the target brand of enfamil gentlease. Works great!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was also using Enfamil newborn and ran into the same issue with prices. We just made the switch to Targets Up and Up last night. So far no complaints! And my pocketbook is much happier!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Babies R Us makes a newborn formula that is identical to Enfamil Newborn... And it's 11.99 for the same size can!!! That's half the price of Enfamil. LO has been doing great on it.
  • We're using the Sams Club brand of Similac Advanced. Started a week ago! DD loves it. DH and I love that' she's happy, we get double the product for 3 dollars less!!!
  • Thanks ladies!!  I really appreciate the feedback and am looking forward to saving some money! :)

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Generics are the same stuff, from what I remember.  We haven't used generic with this LO yet because (a) my supply is better and haven't needed as much and (b) my dad bought us a huge box of Enfamil Premium Newborn from Sam's Club that we haven't even used half of yet.  With DS we used Sam's Club generic and he's a big, healthy boy and always has been.  No issues with it from us.  If/when we need to buy stock in formula, we will probably hit up Sam's generic again. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I bought the Target Up and Up brand comparable to Similac Advance and I have the Walmart Paren't Choice brand comparable to Similac Sensitive. Both labels I compared to Similac and there is only one item (some weirdly named acid) that has like 60 of something instead of Similac's 70 of it. Every other nutritional value is exactly the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"