May 2013 Moms

Introducing .. Alessandra Rose* ( PIP)

Our little angel, Alessandra Rose has arrived!! 

Short Story : Alessandra Rose was born May 14, 2013 at 10:06 pm via unplanned C-Section weighing 7lbs 5 0z and 21 inches long! She is healthy as can be and we dont know how we lived before her, she is just perfect in our eyes!

Long Story for those that are interested : We went in for our scheduled induction the night of Monday May 13th. I was given cervidil at around 8:00pm and it didnt take long for contractions to start.

By the next morning around 8:00 am I was 2 cm dilated and the contractions just kept getting stronger and stronger. I was given an epidural around 1:15pm which was heaven sent. As most of your know I was so nervous about getting an epidural but you were all correct when you said I wouldnt even feel the pain if I was focused on contractions. The epidural was the easiest part about my labor! 

Progress wasnt being made as quickly as anticipated even after my second round of epidural and they had broken my water. At around 8:45pm my OB checked me and I was only dilated 6 cm. The baby was having a hard time descending through the pelvic canal and my cervix had started to swell a distinctive amount on only one side. 

This is when a c-section was brought up and a mix of emotions hit me like a ton of bricks. I finally consented to the c-section which I am glad I had because the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck once loosley and could have gotten tighter during birth. 

Alessandra Rose was born at 10:06pm weighing a healthy 7lbs 5oz ( not as big as the ultrasound techs had said she would be!) and 21 inches long. The hardest part of the C-section for me was not being able to hold her right away and the 2 hr recovery process that followed after surgery. I had so much drugs in my system after laboring for about 24hrs , 2 rounds of epidural , the anestisia from the surgery, pain meds, I felt awful.

I was finally able to see, hold and kiss my bundle of joy around 1:30 am and my husband I cried tears of joy for what seemed like hours.  

Although labor did not go as planned Alessandra is here happy and healthy and that is all that matters! We were able to come home 5/17 and we are adjusting well to our new little family!

Best wishes for a healthy and smooth delivery for all the may mamas that are still awaiting the arrival of their LO's!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Introducing .. Alessandra Rose* ( PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"