November 2013 Moms

PUPS

This is my first post in here so I wanna say hello to all the regular posters! So I hit 13 wks today and noticed a small rash forming on the top of my tummy and another small spot on the side. It's kind of itchy and I'm soooo hoping its not pups because I went through that my last pregnancy and I was miserable! Does anyone have some insight on this?

Re: PUPS

• Sorry I'm a Ftm... What is pups?
  • Now that you mention it, I've had a little rash on my thigh the last few weeks. It's also quite itchy but I have never heard of pups.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jay1893Jay1893 member
    Pups is a bumpy rash that pregnant women get. It looks like hives and its really itchy. When I got it while prego with my daughter it was almost like raised leather across my tummy .... Only thing that relieved it was standing under a scolding hot shower.
  • My dr never saw me, so I wasn't officially diagnosed with anything, but I had a similar rash all over my stomach for a week. It went away on its own, cocoa butter made mine feel better. 

• EklepEklep member
    I got a rash all over my upper stomach too! It was a day or two after I started wearing high maternity pants so I was just hoping those plus how hot it's been just gave me a little heat rash. I've been putting aloe on it each day it's nothing major, just annoying.
  • I had this on my thighs with my first pregnancy. I saw a dermatologist and he gave me some lotion for it. I can't remember what it was called.
  • PUPPS normally only occurs in first pregnancies. Not that it can't happen, but most likely it won't.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"