3rd Trimester
Options

Rash on Belly - Heeeelp!

I'm sure this has been posted about before, but I wanted to get feedback from other moms who may be experiencing it this trimester. I have a rash all over my big ol pregnant belly. I've read up on it and rashes are so hard to categorize and provide help for especially when you're pregnant. Most Dr's or websites tell you that the rash will stick around until the baby is born. I REALLY hope that's not the case. This rash started Friday while I was at work. I went out for lunch and it was extremely muggy and hot out and my belly started to itch so I scratched away only later to reveal this dreaded rash that has now been lingering since then. I looked over my approved list of drugs and purchased some Hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Lanacort) and rubbed it on my belly and, nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this or does someone know some trick to get it go away? I'll be 28 weeks in a few days and this sure would be a horrible way to ride out the rest of the pregnancy =/ 

Mrs. Lotz

Re: Rash on Belly - Heeeelp!

• Options
    Last pregnancy I developed one on my chest. Tried everything from oatmeal baths to lotion to prescription meds as I couldn't sleep I itched so bad.  Nothing helped, but the day I delivered it w better.  This time about a month ago I managed to get a minimal amount of sun on my chest and BLAM huge rash all over my chest. It's still here!  Dr said try hydrocortisone or Benadryl cream. No help. Seems this will be with me until I deliver. I hope yours is less obnoxious and leaves soon because I know the itchiness is miserable!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagestacy&seth:
    Last pregnancy I developed one on my chest. Tried everything from oatmeal baths to lotion to prescription meds as I couldn't sleep I itched so bad.  Nothing helped, but the day I delivered it w better.  This time about a month ago I managed to get a minimal amount of sun on my chest and BLAM huge rash all over my chest. It's still here!  Dr said try hydrocortisone or Benadryl cream. No help. Seems this will be with me until I deliver. I hope yours is less obnoxious and leaves soon because I know the itchiness is miserable!

It's obnoxious right now. My only saving grace is being able to wear around one of my hubby's big white under T's to give my belly some breathing room. As soon as I wear clothes that are snug on my belly, bam, rash becomes inflamed *sigh. Definitely must be a heat thing. Yay for being pregnant in the summer, lol 

Mrs. Lotz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    It could be PUPPP which could last throughout the pregnancy and sometimes even linger about a few weeks after.  

Like I said, typical rash diagnosis. And I'm dealing JUST fine, just seeing if others had any ideas for relief from the itch. Not that we all love itchy rashes! lol, sheesh

Mrs. Lotz
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageKellyScott04:

imageBliss+Berry:
    It could be PUPPP which could last throughout the pregnancy and sometimes even linger about a few weeks after.  

Like I said, typical rash diagnosis. And I'm dealing JUST fine, just seeing if others had any ideas for relief from the itch. Not that we all love itchy rashes! lol, sheesh

Your wall whining text (and this additional post) would say otherwise. Whatev.   

"Whining"...ok. I love how quickly people get mean. Thanks for the helpful post though.  

Mrs. Lotz
  • Options
    this is worth a shot to try take a hand ful of raw oatmeal and boilin 2 cups water for 5 minutes then cool down and drain the water off apply the water to your rash and see if it helps
  • Options
    Not yet. I planned to call my Dr tmr to see what she thinks then I'll go from there.
    Mrs. Lotz
  • Options
    OP, there was nothing rude about what Bliss told you. It was actually very helpful. You seemed ok with everyone else's help but were really irritated when she put in her 2 cents.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageamandarins:
    OP, there was nothing rude about what Bliss told you. It was actually very helpful. You seemed ok with everyone else's help but were really irritated when she put in her 2 cents.

No, what she told me was helpful. The little banner posted about "put on your big girl panties and deal" was a bit rude though. It's not a big deal, just not necessary is all.  

Mrs. Lotz
  • Options
    imageKellyScott04:

imageamandarins:

No, what she told me was helpful. The little banner posted about "put on your big girl panties and deal" was a bit rude though. It's not a big deal, just not necessary is all.  

That's in her siggy. Wasn't necessarily aimed at you. Sorry about your rash though, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. 

• Options
    I think that is just part of her signature, as in it is at the bottom of all her posts. I don't think it was directed at you specifically or what you posted.

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Options

imageShelleyBQ:
    I think that is just part of her signature, as in it is at the bottom of all her posts. I don't think it was directed at you specifically or what you posted.

Oooh, well don't I feel like the arse. Hey, I'm hormonal and new to these blogs. I thought you could go ahead and add in a pic or what not just whenever you posted. Welp, back to scratching my belly ;) 

Mrs. Lotz
  • Options
    imageKellyScott04:

I'm sure this has been posted about before, but I wanted to get feedback from other moms who may be experiencing it this trimester. I have a rash all over my big ol pregnant belly. I've read up on it and rashes are so hard to categorize and provide help for especially when you're pregnant. Most Dr's or websites tell you that the rash will stick around until the baby is born. I REALLY hope that's not the case. This rash started Friday while I was at work. I went out for lunch and it was extremely muggy and hot out and my belly started to itch so I scratched away only later to reveal this dreaded rash that has now been lingering since then. I looked over my approved list of drugs and purchased some Hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Lanacort) and rubbed it on my belly and, nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this or does someone know some trick to get it go away? I'll be 28 weeks in a few days and this sure would be a horrible way to ride out the rest of the pregnancy =/ 

I had an itchy red rash on my belly a few weeks ago that I was told could last through my pregnancy...but went away after two weeks. My Dr. recommended Witch Hazel to stop the itching (which I used) but I also rubbed apple cider vinegar on it. This stung a bit...but I know ACV has wonderful healing properties so I attribute it's demise to that!! Good luck!

• Options
    imageLaurendaMB:
    imageKellyScott04:

The rash went away! Thank goodness. Took about a week and still have no idea what really caused it.Oh the joys of pregnancy =) 

I had an itchy red rash on my belly a few weeks ago that I was told could last through my pregnancy...but went away after two weeks. My Dr. recommended Witch Hazel to stop the itching (which I used) but I also rubbed apple cider vinegar on it. This stung a bit...but I know ACV has wonderful healing properties so I attribute it's demise to that!! Good luck!

Mrs. Lotz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"