May 2013 Moms

AW: Nursery PIP

I know I'm a little late to the game with nursery pictures when so many people have squishy babies already, but we just moved this past weekend and I still have an inside baby. 

I had asked for decorating advice a couple of months ago (post here) so thought I would share the end results.  I'm happy with how it turned out since I'm brand new to this decorating thing -- thanks again for all the advice!  In the pictures the wall look REALLY pink, but it is much more subtle in person.

The crib, my husband's grandmother's rocking chair, and a handmade blanket from a friend. 

I had fun with all the wall decals!

Above the changing table is the fruits of the spirit, the second of which is "Joy" which will be LO's middle name.

Between the two birdies above the window, LO's name will go in wood block letters, painted white with pink flower details on them. That is once we figure out what to name her. You can't see because it is dark outside, but if you look out the window you can see the bird feeders and the real life birds.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: AW: Nursery PIP

• It's really pretty. Great job!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I CAN NOT believe you did all that is such a short amount of time!! It looks good! Good luck with your inside baby- I still have one too and I am SOOO ready for her to come out! 

So what names are you guys considering? Are you waiting until you meet her or just having trouble deciding? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • motangmotang member
    Cute nursery! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Boo0512Boo0512 member
    I love the little birds, very cute!
  • imagekbelly777:

I CAN NOT believe you did all that is such a short amount of time!! It looks good! Good luck with your inside baby- I still have one too and I am SOOO ready for her to come out! 

So what names are you guys considering? Are you waiting until you meet her or just having trouble deciding? 

Well, even though we just moved in last Saturday, we were working on the house before then (new paint throughout and new carpet downstairs). We were able to get a headstart on the nursery before we moved in because it wasn't anything we needed to use on a daily basis since LO is not here yet.  The nursery is definitely the best looking and most complete room in the house, gotta have priorities!  I know a lot of people on here are moving and there have been some vocal complainers, but it's been kind of nice to be moving at this time.  I can focus all my nesting urges on something and it makes the wait for LO not so bad. 

As far as names, I had a dream before becoming pregnant (we were not TTC) that I had a little girl and named her "Marissa Joy".  So that is what I wanted to name her, but DH doesn't like Marissa and suggested Melissa.  I go back and forth on whether or not I like Melissa Joy.  The possible names I have listed so far are:

Melissa Joy

Alyssa Joy

Amy Joy

Anna Joy

Anabelle Joy

Joyanna Something (maybe Lynn or Claire?)

Lydia Joy

Honestly, with moving and my husband's new job we just haven't had a chance to really spend the time agreeing on a name.  He's pretty much leaving the naming up to me (but with veto power) and I just can't find a name I "love". I'm hoping once we see her we'll "know", but I have a feeling that may not happen.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Super cute! And for what it's worth, I like lydia joy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is very cute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    Very pretty!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagestar510:
    imagekbelly777:

I CAN NOT believe you did all that is such a short amount of time!! It looks good! Good luck with your inside baby- I still have one too and I am SOOO ready for her to come out! 

Well, even though we just moved in last Saturday, we were working on the house before then (new paint throughout and new carpet downstairs). We were able to get a headstart on the nursery before we moved in because it wasn't anything we needed to use on a daily basis since LO is not here yet.  The nursery is definitely the best looking and most complete room in the house, gotta have priorities!  I know a lot of people on here are moving and there have been some vocal complainers, but it's been kind of nice to be moving at this time.  I can focus all my nesting urges on something and it makes the wait for LO not so bad. 

As far as names, I had a dream before becoming pregnant (we were not TTC) that I had a little girl and named her "Marissa Joy".  So that is what I wanted to name her, but DH doesn't like Marissa and suggested Melissa.  I go back and forth on whether or not I like Melissa Joy.  The possible names I have listed so far are:

Melissa Joy

Alyssa Joy

Amy Joy

Anna Joy

Anabelle Joy

Joyanna Something (maybe Lynn or Claire?)

Lydia Joy

Honestly, with moving and my husband's new job we just haven't had a chance to really spend the time agreeing on a name.  He's pretty much leaving the naming up to me (but with veto power) and I just can't find a name I "love". I'm hoping once we see her we'll "know", but I have a feeling that may not happen.

I definitely understand about liking having a project to distract you! I'm a project person too, but I can't think of anymore projects to do to distract myself from the wait! The nursery is done, I've washed everything, I made a gift basket for the nurses, the hospital bags are packed, I made a door hanger for the hospital, ive cooked and stocked up the freezer, etc.... Now I am SO bored. And you can only clean the house so much, you know? 

Ok- so names...

my two favorites are Melissa Joy (I like the flow, it has a pretty ring to it) and Lydia Joy (Lydia is a pretty name and it isn't as common- which I like) 

• Hmm, two votes for Lydia Joy! That's the newest addition to the list and I haven't even shared it with DH yet. I'll have to see what he thinks! I'm still torn on Melissa Joy, somedays I'm pretty sure that's the name, and other days I just don't know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cute decals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"