Parenting

Roll Call!

Who's here and what are you doing?

I am sitting here listening to a very grumpy DH. He's all mad cuz we seem to be getting the passive aggressive third degree from people. Nobody from his family (besides his mother) has actually asked us to see Cade, but somehow it's our faults that they haven't seen him. They don't ever ask us when we are available, they just complain to his parents. His step mother actually said to me today "That I guess Cade will never know FIL and me since we've only seen him for a few minutes since he was born". Like.... you never asked to have us over. Ever. Families suck. Why do people want to treat us like children and go tattle to parents instead of just call us and ask to see us? My family does that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Roll Call!

• olp920olp920 member
    Watching Friday night lights and sippin on some Pinot noir.

When family says things like 'well we never see DS' I always am quick to respond with 'we'll you know where we live!' I know it sucks. I'm sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's ridiculous. Sorry you're going through that. Are they expecting you to host a meet and greet party?

I'm watching Boardwalk Empire with a glass of Riesling. I'm starting to get bored of it...

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsCodeMonkey:
    That's ridiculous. Sorry you're going through that. Are they expecting you to host a meet and greet party? I'm watching Boardwalk Empire with a glass of Riesling. I'm starting to get bored of it...

No, they don't expect that. They just don't ever ask to see him. It's like, my kid. You should be asking us when you can see him. Not the other way around.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    Who's here and what are you doing?I am sitting here listening to a very grumpy DH. He's all mad cuz we seem to be getting the passive aggressive third degree from people. Nobody from his family besides his mother has actually asked us to see Cade, but somehow it's our faults that they haven't seen him. They don't ever ask us when we are available, they just complain to his parents. His step mother actually said to me today "That I guess Cade will never know FIL and me since we've only seen him for a few minutes since he was born". Like.... you never asked to have us over. Ever. Families suck. Why do people want to treat us like children and go tattle to parents instead of just call us and ask to see us? My family does that.

My DH's family does this! They say they miss DS and tell people that I never bring him around. They never call, never ask and never try to make plans.

They make you out to be the bad guy. If they make it your fault that they don't see Cade, then they don't have to feel guilty.

Families suck sometimes. I can totally relate!

Eta horrible mobile mistakes

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageolp920:
    Watching Friday night lights and sippin on some Pinot noir.

When family says things like 'well we never see DS' I always am quick to respond with 'we'll you know where we live!' I know it sucks. I'm sorry.
    What she said.
  • DH is working late. I just put DS to bed a bit ago. I'm going to get something to eat since I didn't have much dinner and watch tv while I fold laundry. I could go to sleep nao... but I never have the tv to myself and I need to catch up on dvr.

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Here. Toddlers and malls do not mix! I need a drink.
  • I'm waiting for my advil to kick in and then I need to go milk my cow. Ds1 is in bed and DH and DS2 are asleep on the couch.

Family sucks. My family likes to make plans and then cancel last minute. They are 400 miles away, and were suppose to come visit tomorrow. I just got a text that they weren't coming. They do it all the time.
  • PrimePrime member

Here.  About to eat dinner and watch Scandal.

Baby Prime wait continues.

• We're watching episode two of Dr Who!

image image
  • I'm here.  We had to go to the visitation for DH's grandma tonight.  DS did really good, but there is another visitation tomorrow and I think I'm going to have DH go by himself.  I don't think 2 days at the funeral home is much fun for a 2 year old.

Speaking of families, while we were there MIL introduced me to DH's cousins.  Um, DH and I have been married for 7 years, together for 10 and we see his family all the time.  Pretty sure I know his cousins.  They just looked at her like she was crazy. 

• Nana, you should call your MIL every couple days to see if they want to come over.  Like, overkill with the calling.  Maybe then she'll stop complaining.

• PrimePrime member
    imageSpooko:

Then go back into my scandal thread down the page to discuss. It's been a slow moving convo. I'm mostly talking to myself in there and would like some other viewpoints. 

I'll be there.  I've been avoiding it because of spoilers.

• I'm here!  I don't post much; I'm a dirty lurker from mobile most of the time.

DH is working & I have no idea when he'll be home.  DS is in bed & I'm re-watching Lost.  I'm almost to the point where it starts getting super ridiculous though and don't know if I want to keep watching.  FWP.

• I'm here and so so tired. DD slept well last night but I did not (stupid anxiety). I'm headed to bed at a reasonable hour tonight...
  • I'm here and we just got back from an all day outing with the ILs for MILs bday.

My friend is in town from NY and I told her I would text her when I got back to see if she was still out and about at the bars so I could meet up with her. I did text her, but she didn't text me back, and I am kind of thankful because I just want to watch TV and go to bed! But I do feel bad because I rarely see her, and next time she comes up this way I have plans.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm sorry, that sucks. My ILs do it, too, and it annoys the crap out of me. We do frequently try to make plans with them but they are always busy. Then she makes passive aggressive comments about how, "A probably doesn't even remember them". They live about 15 minutes away from us and they are welcome to have us over for a dinner that is not Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter. Our place is too small to host anything and they are always too busy to go out and I don't like them to babysit. Argh. Now I'm all worked up. Stick out tongue

We're still PTing so we've been stuck at home all day. Except a super fun trip to Trader Joes and another to Fred Meyer and a walk to the playground in the rain. We might try to go play at the science museum tomorrow since the weather is still blah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm here. Just got done eating and waiting for DH to finish dishes.

I'm right with ya re: families. Mine is driving me batty right now. They make plans, then don't follow through; or they'll make plans and my brother and his family somehow wrecks the plans.

I got my entryway painting done today. It turned out awesome and was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. How do you PIP on mobile??? I want to AW my work!
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • imagembenit4:
    I am at my Liquor of Month mixer. Biig dicks, no whammies.
    lol.
  • I'm a wee bit drunk.

image image
  • imagePackerfan79:
    Just got home from the Preakness...soooo tired so Im going to bed.

Jealous!

Did you drive down 29? You could've stopped by for dinner.

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    I'm a wee bit drunk.
    awesome!
  • imagePackerfan79:

imageRondackHiker:
    imagePackerfan79:
    Just got home from the Preakness...soooo tired so Im going to bed.

Jealous!

Did you drive down 29? You could've stopped by for dinner.

Naw, 95 to 140? I.hate.95! 

95 is hell. I hate most roads around here.

I grew up on back country roads. These are terrible.

We saw the Goodyear blimp while we drove to fort McHenry today. Did you have fun?

image image
  • imageMrsSkull1107:
    We're watching SNL and I'm drunk on all the booze.
    The one night I'm not drinking and everyone is boozin it up.
  • imageSpooko:
    Oh I am so pissed off at DH.nbsp;
    Ruh Roh.
  • PrimePrime member

imageMrsSkull1107:
    We're watching SNL and I'm drunk on all the booze.

Yes 

• We just put out the fire. We made hot dogs and smores with those jumbo marshmallows. I feel stinky and should probably shower.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Back from a sexy, sexy Saturday night Target/Grocery store trip.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Jelly of those of you who have been boozing for hours already.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Just finished catching up on Grey's and hopefully going to bed soon. Zoe has been in a mood for the last few days and if she's like this tomorrow, I'm going to need some hard liquor lol. 

My in-laws are like that too. They live five minutes away and are constantly complaining about not being able to see the baby. If you want to see my baby so bad, call and ask if you can come over. It's really that simple. I'm not going to hound them to come over. It just really bugs me, considering how close they live to us and that it's their first grandchild. Mind you, FIL is a BSC moron and I don't like Zoe being around him, but still... 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"