May 2013 Moms

Another Team Green turned Pink!

Our daughter, Charlie Raylan was born on May 11th, 2013 at 8:05pm.She was 6lbs 14oz and 19 1/3 inches long.

Short story, my water broke at 8:00 am and 12 hours later she was here! Here is a picture of our angel

Long version

I woke up around 8:00am after a decent night's sleep for once. I had to pee, as usual. I came out of the bathroom and my dog was laying on the landing outside. I laid down next to him to pet him for a few minutes and asked him if he wanted to go outside. I went to stand up when I heard and felt a pop! Next thing I know, there is water gushing down my leg! Of course the landing/steps is the only place in my whole house that has carpet! I wake my husband up and he is complete disbelief. He was just concerned that he needed to shower! I called the doctor and they said to come in. I wasn't contracting but he said he didn't want me to wait. My husband and I both showered, grabbed the bags and hit the road. We were admitted by 9:30. I still wasn't contracting and I was only dilated 2cm. They started me on pitocin by 11. The contractions were coming but weren't very strong. I've had period cramps that were worse. The doc came to check on me around 1pm and I had only dilated to 3cm. So they bumped up the pitocin. I was offered an epidural and turned it down. The contractions still weren't too bad. By 4pm the contractions were coming on HARD. They were about 1 minute long and 11/2 minutes apart. I was in agony by this point. The doc checked me again and I was only 4cm dilated. By this point, I gave up. I just couldn't suffer through the contractions anymore and asked for the epidural. It was almost instant relief. I am glad I got the epidural because I could tell my husband was getting concerned. He would ask me over and over if I was okay. By 5:30pm, I was at 7cm. The doc figured I would be ready to go sometime around 9pm. So he went home for dinner. Around 6:30pm I was feeling tons of pressure. The nurse asked if I wanted her to check me. She did and I was at 9 1/2. She asked if I wanted to push a few times to break through the last 1/2 cm. I said let's do it! After 2 or 3 pushes she said I was ready to go. She called the doc back and had me keep pushing. I pushed for about a half hour when we realized the baby was stuck under my pelvic bone. I just kept pushing and pushing and nothing was happening. This went on for a half hour. Finally the doc got out the vacuum. One push and the head was out! The doc cleaned the nose and mouth and then said, just one more push and the baby is out. With that I gave a hard push and there she was! The doc called the time at 8:05pm. Doc let my husband tell me the sex and we were both so surprised to learn that the baby was a GIRL! We were both so convinced that she would be a he! We both cried and cried and couldn't be happier to have this beautiful little girl in our arms!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another Team Green turned Pink!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"