Babies: 0 - 3 Months

diapers

What brands of diapers do you like and what do you like/dislike about them? Any brands that are totally awful?

Re: diapers

• My favorite are Targets Up and Up. They are so much cheaper compared to Pampers or Huggies. Luvs irritate my LOs skin. I am happy with how they absorb and they have a cute pattern too, which is a plus lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Huggies diapers, Pampers wipes. Pampers diapers kept leaking and even after pee'd in once that absorbent gel bead crap got everywhere. I haven't had an issue with the huggies yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like both pampers and huggies.  I've noticed the pampers to be a little bigger compared to Huggies, but we haven't had any leak issues yet! I like pampers sensitive wipes best.  They are fragrance free and don't irritate babies skin like some of the Huggies wipes did. 
  • I've been using Luvs and have been very happy with them. They are thinner and more affordable than Pampers, which we were using initially. I liked Pampers Swaddlers because of the wetness indicator, but I don't find that necessary now. As long as you put them on right, I've had no problem with Luvs leaking. They do have a baby powder smell to them, which bothers some people, but I have no problem with that.
  • Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive diapers and Babyganics wipes. Tried several of the allnatural and Ecofriendly diapers but they just weren't absorbent enough. Hated the Huggies wipes and the Pampers wipestoo small and flimsy, smelled chemical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We used Pampers Swaddlers newborns with DS for weeks, and once we figured out to really fluff out the ruffles around his legs, they worked great. Now he is kind of between newborn and size 1. The size 1 Pampers are too big still and we have leaks galore. We have started using Huggies because their size 1 seems a little smaller, but I have noticed that we have more leaks and blow-outs with those, so I would say that Pampers works overall for our LO the best. We haven't tried any other brands. We have TONS of Pampers and Huggies from our baby showers.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • jglenn4jglenn4 member
    I use both Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies Little Snugglers.  I tried both to see if I have a preference, but I don't.  I do, however, prefer Huggies and Kirkland (Costco) wipes to Pampers.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    it really will depend on your kid and their particular anatomy. for my son pampers leaked and huggies worked great. for my dd's, huggies leak a bit, but pampers work great. i also just tried target up and up brand and they work wonderfully on my dd's. so all my future diaper purchases will probably be those. so much cheaper, and with twins i need to save as much money aspossible. i'd switch ds too, but he's getting potty trained next week. wish me luck!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Pampers Swaddlers.  LOVE them.  We've tried Luvs and Huggies.  The Luvs were ok and if we needed them as a back up I'd use them again.  We only had a couple blow outs.  With the Huggies we had several blow outs and leaks and I never felt completely confident with the Huggies.

I do like the Huggies wipes best, but like the smell of the Pampers in baby fresh.

• E leaked in Pampers.

He did the best in Huggies Little Snugglers and Little Movers.

We started with Pampers Sensitive wipes, and now use the target brand sensitive wipes.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I happen to find that Huggies run bigger in size than Pampers. We have received a lot of both as gifts and from friends who had leftovers so we've used both but we prefer Huggies and buy that brand when we run out. I like how they feel...soft and more cloth like and less plasticky than Pampers. I like the tab closures and designs better too...not that it REALLY matters.

We also use Huggies Natural Care wipes. They are the only wipes we've tried and we really like them. DH bought Pampers Baby Fresh wipes a while back but we haven't used them because they're so perfumey.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • jannv11jannv11 member
    I like the Target brand.  They work well with DD and did with DS too.  I don't like the smell of Luvs but they work ok also. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • haileyqhaileyq member
    CLOTH! Cleared up DS's wetness rash in no time. I've never looked back. And, I love that I can use them down the road for baby #2.
  • We use cloth diapers and wipes here too.  So far,  all poop explosions have stayed in the diaper and the only pee leaks have been from the daycare staff learning to use them at 6-7 weeks old.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"