June 2013 Moms

Hip pain while sleeping

Anyone else experiencing hip pain when they wake up? I'm 36w2d and I feel like every time I wake up I dread it because I get this sharp pain in my hips. Assuming its from the added pressure and weight?

Re: Hip pain while sleeping

• I have to readjust constantly in my sleep because I feel like my hips are getting pounded with a baseball bat. Have you tried a pillow between your knees?

CJ 05/29/2013

• Oh yea! 38 weeks here and have been feeling it for a while now. Doc says to sleep with a pillow between my knees but I have to turn over every hour or so and the pillow really gets in the way so I deal. It's a pain but I figure I'm almost done! Can't wait to sleep on my tummy again!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelisa3044:
    Oh yea! 38 weeks here and have been feeling it for a while now. Doc says to sleep with a pillow between my knees but I have to turn over every hour or so and the pillow really gets in the way so I deal. It's a pain but I figure I'm almost done! Can't wait to sleep on my tummy again!!

I keep a pillow on each side. It's like a fortress of pillows in our bed. Lol.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Yep, I can't sleep more than a couple hours at a time before I have to turn over on the other side. They also hurt when I get up from either sleeping or just sitting down. Like BLT said I feel like I have been hit with a baseball bat on my hips. It started last weekend when he dropped. Not much longer!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• I have this happen to me too! The hip pain sometimes means I can't fall back to sleep. I usually move to the couch and get better sleep there. Between the bump, the hip pain, and always being hot, night sleep is rough :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ughhh. That is my life. I switch sides often and also sleep sitting up often because my hips hurt so bad. I wake up and walk like I'm about 100 years old for the first hour because I'm so stuff and the pain is intense.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagelisa3044:
    Oh yea! 38 weeks here and have been feeling it for a while now. Doc says to sleep with a pillow between my knees but I have to turn over every hour or so and the pillow really gets in the way so I deal. It's a pain but I figure I'm almost done! Can't wait to sleep on my tummy again!!

Same here. I sleep with a pillow on both sides. Haven't cuddled with hubby in months lol. I also have back pain and ligament pain so being comfy is almost nonexistant. Good luck with the aches and pains ladies. We're almost done!!
    Visit The Nest! image image BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Nix55Nix55 member
    imagenykkolhooks:
    Yep, every two hours when I get up to pee I make myself change sides. I've also had to add an extra pillow between my legs. I'm 38 weeks.[/quote

This is my routine exactly.
  • imagemlgalindez:
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagelisa3044:

Same here. I sleep with a pillow on both sides. Haven't cuddled with hubby in months lol. I also have back pain and ligament pain so being comfy is almost nonexistant. Good luck with the aches and pains ladies. We're almost done!!

My husband will throw his leg on top of the body pillow that is inbetween us. That's our way of snuggling. He learned not to put his leg on mine on the pillow though. Lol.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I get the same thing. It seems like if I fall into a sound sleep and don't move, it compounds the issue. I've had more than a few mornings where rolling out of bed is a grunt worthy event.
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"