February 2013 Moms

Csection mamas, come in

A good friend of mine is having her second baby via csection later this month. I want to put together a little postpartum kit. I know she plans to BF as well. Anything you wish you had or that was particularly helpful?

TIA!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: Csection mamas, come in

• This is gonna sound weird, but here it is. 

Extra pads is my advice. Not just for the bleeding either. I put a pad between my incision and my pants so that I wasn't irritated by my pants. It helped a lot.  

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • imageRiverSong82:

This is gonna sound weird, but here it is. 

Extra pads is my advice. Not just for the bleeding either. I put a pad between my incision and my pants so that I wasn't irritated by my pants. It helped a lot.  

ditto to the pad between incision and pants. I used gauze and begged for some at the hospital, but if you can find gauze strips, they were great! A water bottle with a long straw (still my best friend at my nursing station). 

• Loading the player...
  • For me it was all about the nipple cream and the fruit juices to make sure my system didnt slow from the surgery, otherwise I hear that first BM is dreadful. And my supply took longer since I had had a c-section so for the first couple days of building supply they were pretty sore afterwards, the nurse gave me some of the Lanilin (sp) cream and man I could have hugged her!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The nurse at the hospital sent me home with a very firm pillow with a sign on it that said hug me. I carried it around for weeks on my pelvic area and used it when I needed to get up and down, sneeze or cough, etc and it helped soo much! I called her a week later to tell her how much it helped and she said she does that for all her csec patients.
  • I had a super easy recovery from my c-section but would also recommend a water bottle or plastic cup with a long straw.  I lived in yoga pants with the fold over top.  Another idea, if she has stairs, would be a tote bag to bring essentials around with her.  I would pack up my bag each morning and then go downstairs for the day and not go back up until I was ready for bed.  Having everything at arms length is helpful right afterwards, tissues, lip balm, drinks, snacks, lotion, etc.
  • A buzzer that signals to her hubby that she needs something...

a huge bottle for water

tylenol and aleve in case she forgoes the T3s

a zippered heavy sweater for those chilly night ffeedings

and a large pile of burp clothes for easy grabbing!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you ladies! I really appreciate your advice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • This will sound weird, but the one thing that helped me poop was a combination of prunes and suppositories.

Also, the boppy will be her best friend when it comes to nursing. Another thing that may be good to have is compression stockings for the edema she'll likely experience after surgery.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Fruit juices and Clif bars! Someone also made me some oatmeal muffins which were amazing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"