June 2013 Moms
Options

"Are you really still pregnant?"

MIL has friends over tonight at our house and I know she's excited and I know they're excited, but if onemoremotherf-ingperson asks me if I'm still pregnant, I'm literally going to cry. For the fifth time today.

YES I am still pregnant - that is why I am waddling around on cankles cleaning instead of drinking wine or playing with my baby or ANYTHING NORMAL!!! NO I'm not dilated (thank you very much, complete stranger-man), NO I don't know how much longer it's going to be, and NOOOOO I don't want to hear about your friend's/neighbor's/niece's recent c-section/third degree tear/episiotomy!!! Yuck!!

End rant. Angel

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: "Are you really still pregnant?"

• Options
    CCR630CCR630 member
    imageCTGirl30:
    You should tell them you lost your MP and then describe it in horrifyingly graphic detail....that'll teach them to STFU.

Ohhhhh. I like that!!
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCTGirl30:
    You should tell them you lost your MP and then describe it in horrifyingly graphic detail....that'll teach them to STFU.

Hehehe, this!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    YakutYakut member

That is really just the weirdest question! I have (had?) this one friend who told me several times before I got pregnant that she is envious of people with SOs and babies and pregnancies, so I do understand why she completely disappeared when I told her I was pregnant, even though she did it weirdly so it took me a while to realize....but about a month and a half ago she texted me saying "Hi Yakut, are you still pregnant?" And I said "yes..." and she said "OK, all the best, bye." Just...weird. I want to ask people who ask that question, "What are you hoping the answer will be, exactly??"

Heh--and speaking of really nosy stranger-men, I had one older dude ask me (in passing, and I do not know him at all) whether the baby had dropped, how far along I am, and how are my ankles. He seemed harmless, and like one of those slightly elderly guys who misses being a pregnant dad, but still....

• Options
    That's great! (the site)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"