May 2013 Moms

Itching?

So around 4-5am I woke up to this crazy itching in my feet. It wouldn't go away and I have no benadryl or anything. So I took a shower and lotiioned my whole body. While I was in the shower I noticed that my feet got a little swollen and the itching still wouldnt stop. I was finally able to go back to sleep but the itching has not stopped all day long. Now it's in random spots on my body. It'll be my back, than my arms, or back to my fee,t my butt cheeks. I called my OB this morning and all she said was to use benadryl well I have 2 LOs I can't use benadryl during the day because then I'll fall asleep on them. Has anyone had this problem? What gave you some relief? I want to be able to sleep tonight. I'm due on Sunday and I won't get induced until the 23rd if LO doesn't come on her own. please help me since my OB really wasn't much help over the phone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Itching?

• coco butter helped mine
  • Break open a Benadryl into lotion and rub it on the spots. Or they make Benadryl lotion

• Loading the player...
  • imageKristySnyder:
    coco butter helped mine

Thanks.

• imagekyliensc:
    Break open a Benadryl into lotion and rub it on the spots. Or they make Benadryl lotion

Benadryl lotion? I did not know they had that. Thanks so much I'll be on my way to the store as soon as SO is back.

• If you want to sleep tonight, what is the problem with taking Benadryl? It will help you sleep and relieve the itching ... Your OB is right
  • imageJCRSMD17:
    If you want to sleep tonight, what is the problem with taking Benadryl? It will help you sleep and relieve the itching ... Your OB is right

I never said there was a problem just to sleep tonight or any other night. But I need relief for now and tomorrow during the day.
  • I have skin allergies and when I break out I use ice packs and cortisone intensive healing with cooling gel. That's as close as I can get to the name...I'm half asleep and sleep deprived. Lol

• Surely there are non drowsy versions of Benadryl. I would drink plenty of water as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedbautista88:
    I have skin allergies and when I break out I use ice packs and cortisone intensive healing with cooling gel. That's as close as I can get to the name...I'm half asleep and sleep deprived. Lol

Thanks I will have to try that as well.
  • imageLolalipsy:
    Surely there are non drowsy versions of Benadryl. I would drink plenty of water as well.

I've never seen them. My doctor also didnt tell me they had any. Ill be sure to ask the pharmacist at Walgreens. Thanks.
  • imageShantxtell:
    I'm sure Claritin will help.
    She said break a Benadryl open into lotion, not Benadryl lotion.

Tried Claritin it didn't do anything.

kyliensc:
    Break open a Benadryl into lotion and rub it on the spots. Or they make Benadryl lotion

I'm pretty sure she said...Or they make Benadryl lotion. As you can see above this. Which they do and I did buy it.
  • I found cold helped the most I had PUPP at the end of my pregnancy that turned into a liver disease only associated with being pregnant.
  • srhcmtsrhcmt member
    Tell your dr immediately. Crazy itching in feet and hands is a sign of Cholestasis of Pregnancy. Anti histamines will do nothing for the itch. I was put on Urso which helped give me relief because it lowered my bile acids that caused the itching.
    Said goodbye to our little angel 12/3/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesrhcmt:
    Tell your dr immediately. Crazy itching in feet and hands is a sign of Cholestasis of Pregnancy. Anti histamines will do nothing for the itch. I was put on Urso which helped give me relief because it lowered my bile acids that caused the itching.

Yes, this is what I was going to say. Cholestasis of Pregnancy can be very dangerous, so please call your doctor right away. Itching on the feet and palms of the hands are big signs. Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagebeckyschell:
    I found cold helped the most I had PUPP at the end of my pregnancy that turned into a liver disease only associated with being pregnant.

Thanks. I don't think I have PUPP because I don't have a rash or anything it's just itching. I thought it was from dried skin but none of the lotions I have worked.
  • imagemommatotwo2:

imagesrhcmt:

Yes, this is what I was going to say. Cholestasis of Pregnancy can be very dangerous, so please call your doctor right away. Itching on the feet and palms of the hands are big signs. Good luck!

I did call her yesterday and she told me to take Benadryl or Claritin because itching is normal in pregnancy. I was told by a friend itching can also be pre e.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"