April 2013 Moms

A poll for fun! Now that we've all been through L&D...

*For mobile users: A poll for fun! Now that we've all been through L&D...

Share the most unrealistic L&D scene from a movie or TV series you've ever seen. You know, the wild and crazy antics going on the background, a labor that's 15 seconds from start to finish, etc.

The most unrealistic baby scene I ever saw was in Crossing Jordan (and I loved that show!!! I was so sad when it went off the air!). Lily was full term and at the morgue, and all of a sudden she has a massive contraction. Absolutely out of nowhere. 3 seconds later, she feels the urge to push and delivers her baby at the morgue. But thank God, you know, because there are a ton of doctors (albeit medical examiners) around to deliver her baby. Riiiiiight. A first time mom has a contraction that is suddenly a 10 on the pain scale and she immediately has to push. H and I got a good laugh out of that one.

Anyone else?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A poll for fun! Now that we've all been through L&D...

• When Lori in the walking dead gave birth and had to have an emergency csection. She was in "labor" for like 15 mins from start to finish. So dumb. She was like OMG I NEED TO PUSH. And the girl was like, there's so much blood!!! And Lori was like CUT ME OPEN. Psssh
  • imagehisbabygirl76:
    How about the totally unrealistic birth in What to Expect When your Expecting movie when the step mom sneezes and there is her twins.

This is exactly what I was going to post! :
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I got this.

Whichever Twilight it was where Bella has to have an emergency c-section when the placenta detaches. I know the whole movie is fiction but that part is just over the top!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Phoebe giving birth to the triplets in friends. She wasn't even sweating and she gave birth 3 times?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elbouelbou member

imageMurraydog:
    Phoebe giving birth to the triplets in friends. She wasn't even sweating and she gave birth 3 times?

Agreed! But I think all of the births in Friends were pretty unrealistic...my fav was Rachel getting frustrated by how long it took, lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't think of one that was realistic! each one I can think of was over the top!
  • heddy79heddy79 member
    On the Cosby Show, Cliff Huxtable (Bill Cosby) gave birth to a 6ft sub sandwich.  lol
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLanaLewis:
    Oh, I got this.Whichever Twilight it was where Bella has to have an emergency csection when the placenta detaches. I know the whole movie is fiction but that part is just over the top!

You read my mind
  • MN_JenMN_Jen member
    imageelbou:

imageMurraydog:
    Phoebe giving birth to the triplets in friends. She wasn't even sweating and she gave birth 3 times?

Agreed! But I think all of the births in Friends were pretty unrealistic...my fav was Rachel getting frustrated by how long it took, lol

I love when Rachel asks the doctor how many centimeter she's dialated and Ross says, "Just three!?! I'm dialated three!"

That definitely popped in my head when I was in labor!
  • How about last season on True Blood?! That fairy who was pregnant by the Sheriff from their one time fling comes by the bar and goes into labor on the pool table. She has like four babies and because she's a "fairy" this bright light comes out her vagina and she orgasms at every push. Each baby is like one push and then when she's done she just gets up and walks away and leaves the babies with him. wth.

• imageheddy79:
    On the Cosby Show, Cliff Huxtable (Bill Cosby) gave birth to a 6ft sub sandwich.  lol

I was going to say this!

• imageohhashley:
    When Lori in the walking dead gave birth and had to have an emergency csection. She was in "labor" for like 15 mins from start to finish. So dumb. She was like OMG I NEED TO PUSH. And the girl was like, there's so much blood!!! And Lori was like CUT ME OPEN. Psssh

OMG yes!!  So incredibly ridiculous.  Just insane. 

• imageheddy79:
    On the Cosby Show, Cliff Huxtable Bill Cosby gave birth to a 6ft sub sandwich. nbsp;lol

Don't forget the sail boat
  • I'll have to agree with the what to expect when your expecting and the twins lol. As for all the fast labors in the shows my contractions started out extremely painful and I had the urge to push pretty suddenly of course I was only in labor 4.5 hours. =]
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageohhashley:
    When Lori in the walking dead gave birth and had to have an emergency csection. She was in "labor" for like 15 mins from start to finish. So dumb. She was like OMG I NEED TO PUSH. And the girl was like, there's so much blood!!! And Lori was like CUT ME OPEN. Psssh

This!

I was so irritated I made my DH pause it so I could rant about everything that was wrong and how they could have avoided a c-section in that type of rustic delivery situation. I still don't understand why a veterinarian was quick to teach c-section but not forced manual dilation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMN_Jen:
    imageelbou:

imageMurraydog:

I love when Rachel asks the doctor how many centimeter she's dialated and Ross says, "Just three!?! I'm dialated three!"

That definitely popped in my head when I was in labor!

Hahaha! Me too! It didn't help that I was at a 3 for 18 of my 35 hours of labor and kept hearing it lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Not quite the same thing, but I was rather disillusioned by how quickly Claire from LOST fit back into her pre-pregnancy clothes (which she shouldn't have even had, considering she's trapped on an island with just her suitcase of maternity clothes).

Quinn's birth (Glee) only lasted about the length of "Bohemian Rhapsody," which for TV births is actually a really long time. Still terribly cliche with all the screaming though.

Looking back, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, despite being a truly terrible program, is the only birth scene I can think of where the character gets an epidural and is then completely calm and rested because she isn't in pain anymore. Completely different from the usual TV screaming.

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"