December 2010 Moms

Bedtime woes

Hi there! I've posted a few times, but mostly been a lurker.

My son was a great sleeper usually from 7307am until recently. I know he probably doesn't need that much sleep anymore but it has been such a fight recently.

What time does your LO go to sleep and for how many hours?
~Working mother to 2 wonderful boys~ Lucas - 12.4.2010 Nathan - 1.22.2013

Re: Bedtime woes

• My daughter goes to bed at 8, asleep by 8:30, usually up by 7.  She goes through periods though where she wakes up early and it sucks.  I usually cut back on her naps for a week or two if she starts sleeping less at night.  That usually helps her get back on track.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We've been having bedtime issues lately, too. Nora used to go to bed at 7:30, but recently has started trying to push it back to 8:15 or even later. We're still trying to get her in bed by 8...
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sleep has never been ds's strong suit. He currently sleeps approx 8 to 6 and naps for 1 and a half hrs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He's asleep by 8:30 or 9

Wakes up at 8:30

1 hour nap 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • G sleeps around 11 hours at night and usually has a 2 hour afternoon nap.
  • imagexxbabycakesxx:
    G sleeps around 11 hours at night and usually has a 2 hour afternoon nap.

This is us exactly!
  • C's in bed by 7:30/8pm, typically, and up by 6 (on week days) maybe 7 if we're lucky on weekends.  She also takes at least a 2 hr nap (1-3pm).  We've always had a good sleeper though. 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PGASTLPGASTL member

LO usually averages 11.5 total hours of sleep a day and the amount of nap vs nighttime varies but typically 2 hour nap.

Her bedtime isn't until 9:30 because she sleeps till 6:45 - 7:30. I am sure we could push it if we woke her earlier but mama likes to sleep in.

• lrn327lrn327 member

imagesdpookie13:
    C's in bed by 7:30/8pm, typically, and up by 6 (on week days) maybe 7 if we're lucky on weekends.  She also takes at least a 2 hr nap (1-3pm).  We've always had a good sleeper though. 

This is pretty close to us too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekeags5496:
    imagexxbabycakesxx:
    G sleeps around 11 hours at night and usually has a 2 hour afternoon nap.

This is us exactly!

This is pretty much us too

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • EVM1216EVM1216 member

Bedtime is the worst around here.  Since DH and I's work schedules have been fluctuating and are mostly afternoon and night, DD has yet to get off her CST schedule.  That means on a good night I have her in bed by 9:30, and on a bad night it is as late as 10:30.  Embarrassed  Since we don't have anywhere to be in the mornings she usually sleeps to about 9:00, so she averages 11 hours and then a 2 hour daytime nap.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Lately due to moving etc he's been going to bed around 9 pm and up around 8:15ish.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Thank ladies! LO has always been inconsistent with his naps but the bedtime fight is new. 

~Working mother to 2 wonderful boys~ Lucas - 12.4.2010 Nathan - 1.22.2013
  • I try to get LO in bed by 9, however some nights he doesn't go to sleep until 11.  I have to wake him at 6:30am for the sitter.  He naps from 12:30-2:30 at the sitter and usually needs to be woken.  
    imageimage
  • We aim for an 8pm bedtime. I have no idea how long it takes him to actually fall asleep. But we make sure he's in bed and we are winding down/reading stories, etc at 8pm.

His wake-up time varies a lot. Sometimes he's up at 6:30am (like this morning), other times I wake him up at 7:30am to get him out the door so I can get to work. But usually when I go in there he's awake, just chilling in his room. He's likes quiet time by himself in there before falling asleep/when waking up in the am.

He naps for anywhere from 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I try to wake him up if he sleep later than 4 or 4:30pm.

• He used to sleep from 9 to 8 with a two hour nap. Now, he likes to go to bed at 11 pr 12! He still naps 2 hours usually. We are hoping it's a phase and we are in the process of trying to adjust him.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"