December 2010 Moms

Sippy cups?

Does your LO still use a sippy cup?

DS drinks out of a regular cup during snack at daycare, but we send a sippy of milk or juice to go with his lunch. At home, he gets an open cup at the table but a sippy otherwise.

We just recently got down to only 2 sippy cups (2 had lids crack and 1 got lost when we were evacuated--who knows where we left it!) and it isn't enough. I found myself going out and buying more today--and I bought 4! (It was a good deal.) Now I feel crazy, though. I don't remember when DD stopped using a sippy cup...

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: Sippy cups?

• lrn327lrn327 member
    I actually bought two new ones recently.  I still like them for on-the-go but he does use a regular cup at DC and usually at home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • G still uses straw sippy cups.  We practice (I help tilt the cup) with regular cups daily but he still makes big messes.  I think it'll still be a while before he uses regular cups by himself.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use sippy or straw cups.

We haven't even attempted him using a real cup. With a toddler and an infant in the house - its like on the bottom on my priority list.

I'm more worried about getting DS2 off bottles and onto sippies full time in a couple months.

Sippys will be used in my house for a long long time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are sippy users here. Like pp said, totally not on my radar. Fewer messes equals less stress. The few times I've tried to have Ava drink out of a cup she's spilled everywhere.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Straw cup usually, but he has ben having an open cup at dinner sometimes. It's cute :)
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imagejillybean800:
    Straw cup usually, but he has ben having an open cup at dinner sometimes. It's cute :)

Same. We use straws over sippy due to speech.  I dislike the mess of the open cup, but he does use them well.  He just gets bored and dumps it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We do both and have for a long time. I don't see the sippys going away for a long time. A knows how to do an open cup and has had to for daycare. If he is drinking in the car or roaming around its a sippy though. Now J on the other hand I can't get him to take a sippy for anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Actually my boys use Contigo auto spout water bottles- I know they make a child's size.  We got these at Costco- and I think they are 20oz plain- not kid ones.  I figure these will work for a long time- DH and I use them too for taking water along on walks or outings.
  • We use straw sippy cups mostly. At dinner sometimes he asks for a big boy cup, so he gets an open cup. We practice open cups outside with water mostly because then I don't care if he spills. For DC, he has to be drinking from a regular cup and potty trained to move up to the new class in September, so we'll do it more at home too.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We almost always use sippy cups unless it is water.  He can drink out of an open cup with no problems, but he knock it over in between drinks 99% of the time.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use open cups at meal times. We allow for them to bring their drinks around the house and they're most definitely still in sippys. Cups get knocked over accidentally all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EVM1216EVM1216 member
    DD can do an open cup and I occasionally give her water in one or let her have a sip of my drink, but she almost always uses a sippy.  No need to make any extra messes with a toddler around.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • imageChicagoBroad26:
    We are sippy users here. Like pp said, totally not on my radar. Fewer messes equals less stress. The few times I've tried to have Ava drink out of a cup she's spilled everywhere.

This. 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • J does really well with an open cup and I should probably give them to him more often. But right now I only let him have one if I know I have time to clean up the mess in case he does spill. Otherwise we still love our Tommee Tippee truly spill proof cups. They work insanely well, I wish I had found them forever ago.
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • DS loves open cups, but I only give them when I have time to supervise him closely, like at dinner. Otherwise, he will dump it into the back of his toy trucks and make a giant mess.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"