Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Moving my frozen milk stash

We are moving closer to our families and we are currently 3 hours away in a car, including all the stops to change diapers.
Has anyone moved a lot of frozen milk before? I am terrified it will start to thaw. I am thinking about dry ice. I have like 4 to 5 weeks worth saved.
If anyone has ideas or tips let me know!!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Moving my frozen milk stash

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    I'd think a cooler with some ice packs should suffice just fine, as long as you get it into the freezer right away when you get there
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Make sure and have the freezer at the new house plugged in several days in advance so it will go straight back into the cold. I agree with PP, a good ice chest so work. If you are still nervous, could you send it with someone else that will not have kiddos with them to shorten the trip?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jreaveyjreavey member
    Get a styrofoam chest and dry ice. That's how those home shopping channels pack frozen food for shipping. It'll cover you for much longer than 3 hours.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member

imagejreavey:
    Get a styrofoam chest and dry ice. That's how those home shopping channels pack frozen food for shipping. It'll cover you for much longer than 3 hours.

This.  I do a home grocery delivery service and they pack things on dry ice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"