April 2013 Moms

No diapers

Our ped told me to have our one month old girl not wear diapers at all until her diaper rash is gone. Looks like I'll be sitting around with a naked baby for a bit.

Anyone done this? Just wrap her in a blanket with a disposable changing pad underneath? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: No diapers

• you cant even use cloth diapers?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope. She said nothing until it clears.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if I would wrap her in blankets... I think the point is for her bottom to get aired out right? Maybe lay her on a blanket with a waterproof cover underneath?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought puppy piddle pads for our changing table I would just have those everywhere...
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • We do naked time sometimes and have her on a puppy piddle mat and good thing too.
  • I have her naked from waist down and wrapped loosely in towels. Hoping this rash goes away quickly.
  • How was that reasonable advise?? I would just avoid wipes... you can try rinsing her bum with plain water at diaper changes and pat dry until the rash heals. My SIL swears by it.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • love4blove4b member
    Slathering her with coconut oil at each change cleared my daughters diaper rash in 24 hours. Wetting the bad areas with breast milk and letting it dry also works wonders.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We leave LO on a chucks waterproof pad, naked from the waist down. You want the area to be dry and let air circulate. Sometimes if the rash is really bad I put a little breast milk on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNandaB:
    Yea, I wouldn't wrap her up. [Although I would loosly wrap something light like a receiving blanket or an A and A type blanket to hold her so I didn't rub on her irritated parts] I would lay her on a puppy pad or a folded towel and put a light blanket over her if she seems cold. Or you could get those stupid baby leg warmers.

Lol I love Baby Legs...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When Sully had a rash, we just laid a waterproof mattress pad over the carpet and covered it with a soft blanket.  We then laid a prefold under the baby's bum and every time she'd pee or poo, we'd quickly swap out the prefold underneath her.  We all kind of hung out on the floor like that for a few hours.  

This was about the time she figured out how to roll onto her side and scoot in  circles.  Her head stayed in the exact same spot and her body rotated around it like the minute hand on a clock.  We just kept following her around with the prefolds :)

The air circulation really does help rashes. 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"