June 2013 Moms

Had my internal yesterday (results)

AND HERE ARE THE RESULTS (if this annoys you, you can close out, but I want to share)....

I am 36w5d and am 1cm dilated, 60% effaced and at zero station.  I said to the doc, "so, I will probably go to my due date?" and he said, "honestly, I think you're going to go early... How does spending Memorial weekend in the hospital sound?"

OBVIOUSLY that means diddly-squat, but it made me feel good that my body is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing :-)

Go body go!! Get this kid out on your own!

How many of you BTDT Mom's had similiar results around the same time as me (36w) and go early/go late?

Happy Friday peeps!

EDITED: I am 36 weeks, not 37

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

Re: Had my internal yesterday (results)

• You're 36W5D you goober.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Woo! I'm hoping they'll check me when my next appointment. I'm curious as to where I stand. As much as it feels like everything's about to fall out, I don't feel like I'm going to pop anytime soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsAubyMrsAuby member

Woo hoo! Go you!

I'm hoping to hear something like this at my appointment next Thursday. Just that I'm dialated a little bit, even though it doesn't mean much, just to know my body is working! lol

Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• Lovely :)  I was 1cm and 30% AAAANDDDD lost my mucus plug yesterday (seriously, so gross...so so gross)...Go body go!  (37w 3d)
  • kread8kread8 member
    I'm jealous.  Both that you're almost 37 weeks and that your body is making progress already. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• Ready to POP! Big Smile

• kgb-13kgb-13 member

No PIP?  KIDDING!!

My office generally does internals at 38wks and I think I will go along with that.  But I agree, even if it doesn't indicate timing it could be reassuring to tangibly realize that your body DOES know what it's doing Smile 

• SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    You're 36W5D you goober.

Talk about trying to speed up the process!

• Whoo hoo! I had mine yesterday too! 1cm no mucus plug and I forget the rest lol. My doc said if I did. Lot of walking over the weekend she was expecting to see me in hospital by Tuesday at the latest....lol not likely but who knows!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • With DS I was about that dilated at 37 weeks and he was born 2 days early.:-).

This pregnancy I was checked at 35.5 weeks last week and I was 2cm and 60% effaced, but I think that's typical for subsequent pregnancies.

Memorial day would be great!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    imagekgb-13:

No PIP?  KIDDING!!

My office generally does internals at 38wks and I think I will go along with that.  But I agree, even if it doesn't indicate timing it could be reassuring to tangibly realize that your body DOES know what it's doing Smile 

SO going to PIP my mucus plug.. SO DOING IT! BEWARE!!

;-)

• Woohoo! Our bodies are getting ready to get these babies out!
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSLaBM2B:
    imagekgb-13:

No PIP?  KIDDING!!

;-)

You will be banned.

CJ 05/29/2013

• ch1681ch1681 member

*response from a dirty lurker*

With each of my first two pregnancies, internal exams were performed by my ob weekly, beginning at 37 weeks.  And in both pregnancies, my progress was virtually identical.  37 weeks- 1cm dilated, 38 weeks- 2cm, 39 weeks- 3cm.  My first was borm at 40 weeks exactly, the second at 39 weeks, 6 days.

Good luck! Hang in there!

• CCR630CCR630 member
    That is exciting!! I'm hoping for a similar conversation :)
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemicabush:

imagekread8:
    I'm jealous.  Both that you're almost 37 weeks and that your body is making progress already. 

Someone commented in the FFFC that they keep thinking they are 2 years younger than they are... I keep thinking I'm two weeks further than I am. I'm like Oh yeah, almost 36 weeks! That will be me soon!.... I'm only 33w4d... And 37 seems SO far away. 

Pity party - party of one! Your table is ready. 

I'll join your pity party if you don't mind the company.  I keep thinking I'm 36 weeks instead of 34.   

• I've been 1 cm the last two weeks. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imageSLaBM2B:
    imagekgb-13:

No PIP?  KIDDING!!

;-)

You will be banned.

Awww shucks! Way to ruin the fun Mom!

• happy for you! my cervix was CLOSED at my 36wk appt.  I wrote that in caps because if you were to transcribe the way my OB said it, it'd be in caps.  She said it like it was extra closed. 
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    imageMurphie82:
    imagemicabush:

imagekread8:

Someone commented in the FFFC that they keep thinking they are 2 years younger than they are... I keep thinking I'm two weeks further than I am. I'm like Oh yeah, almost 36 weeks! That will be me soon!.... I'm only 33w4d... And 37 seems SO far away. 

I'll join your pity party if you don't mind the company.  I keep thinking I'm 36 weeks instead of 34.   

I definitely feel your pain though... When I was 34 weeks I was bummed that I wasn't 36 weeks (and several other ladies were almost there) but MAN did those two weeks fly by.  Hopefully you ladies have some stuff to keep you busy. It will be here before ya know it :-)

• I hope I don't bust your bubble but I was 3 cm, 90 percent effaced and plus 1 station at around 36 weeks when my gbs was done. I ended up going past my due date and was induced at 41 5. I was 5 cm, 100 percent and plus 1 when I was induced. I delivered 4 hours after they started the pitocin so obviously my body was ready to evict my son. My ob and midwife took me out of work at 36 weeks because I was so dilated and effaced and they were convinced that I would go early but no such luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member

You crack me up!

I'll be honest, made me really sad with DD that my body didn't do anything on its own.  Like I was high and tight (lol) at my 40 week checkup.  I responded great to an induction, but I wish I could have had a chance to experience labor on my own.  Wah.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I was around where you were at 36w and it didn't change much at 37 or 38w, but by 39w I was 2 cm and 90% effaced.  I had dd at 39w5d.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ummm I'm ancient with an 11 yr old! I can't remember anything except I pushed her 9lb 6oz arse out lol!!!
  • Yay for progress!

And can I ask if the internal hurt at all? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LuthyLuthy member
    imageMurphie82:
    imagemicabush:

imagekread8:

I keep thinking I'm almost 37... noooot so much. 

• I wasn't even dilated at all when I went to the hospital 5 hours before my labor started. I mistakenly thought loosing my MP was was my water break. I had my son 18 hours later.
  • imageilovemarfa:
    I hope I don't bust your bubble but I was 3 cm, 90 percent effaced and plus 1 station at around 36 weeks when my gbs was done. I ended up going past my due date and was induced at 41 5. I was 5 cm, 100 percent and plus 1 when I was induced. I delivered 4 hours after they started the pitocin so obviously my body was ready to evict my son. My ob and midwife took me out of work at 36 weeks because I was so dilated and effaced and they were convinced that I would go early but no such luck.

It's funny I was on the other end of this with my DS1. I had an OB appt in the morning, cervix long and CLOSED.. And I went into full blown labor a few hours later. It was an US too so I can't even blame an internal on aggravating things either.

You just never know!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I was at 1 cm with DS for a while. I had an OB appt at 38 wks 3 days when I was still at 1 cm. my OB said it didn't look like anything would happen soon but that she never says never. The next morning my water broke and DS was born just after midnight.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I predict you will give birth to a goat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMurphie82:
    imagemicabush:

imagekread8:

I am the opposite.  I keep thinking I am 35 weeks when I am just a couple days shy of 38 weeks! 

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

imageilovemarfa:
    I hope I don't bust your bubble but I was 3 cm, 90 percent effaced and plus 1 station at around 36 weeks when my gbs was done. I ended up going past my due date and was induced at 41 5. I was 5 cm, 100 percent and plus 1 when I was induced. I delivered 4 hours after they started the pitocin so obviously my body was ready to evict my son. My ob and midwife took me out of work at 36 weeks because I was so dilated and effaced and they were convinced that I would go early but no such luck.

I will SO take a 4 hour labor at 41.5 weeks instead of a 16hr labor at 37 weeks.  I know that sounds weird, but I am cool with that.

• SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    image~~Chels&Ry~~:

Yay for progress!

Honestly, he stuck a bear paw up my hoo (HAAAAAAA!) and it was quite uncomfortable, but I would say it HURT.. This is how it went...

Bear Paw goes up Vag - Me: GIMME YOUR HAND (to my H)... OWWW. OWWW. OWWWW. (deep breaths and more oww's for 30 seconds). Doc's hand evacuates, and I am back to normal but feeling a little violated.

• SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

imageBabyPsychic:
    I predict you will give birth to a goat

You mean UNICORN. RIGHT?? You better mean UNICORN! I will be MIGHTY ticked off if this isn't a unicorn coming out of my Mrs. Woo Woo Cupcakes Sprinkles.

• imageMonkeybutt80:
    happy for you! my cervix was CLOSED at my 36wk appt.  I wrote that in caps because if you were to transcribe the way my OB said it, it'd be in caps.  She said it like it was extra closed. 

Haha me too... and he said it all proud, like he was excited for me. 

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With DD, I was never dilated, no progress really to speak of, until 39 weeks.  It was making me insane, I was 100x more uncomfortable with the end of that pregnancy than with this one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • With DS, my first, I was 1cm at 37 w then got to 3cm at 39w...he was born at 40w5d....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My daughter was born almost 10 years ago. Wow...anyway, I was closed at my 38 week appt. Nothing happening. Then 38 wks, 3 days, my water broke and I had my daughter 12 hours later, no induction. Smile I am hoping not to go any later than 38 wks 3 days this time either. I am already miserable with the heat here in Alabama.
  • imagejlphillips4:
    imagekread8:
    I'm jealous.nbsp; Both that you're almost 37 weeks and that your body is making progress already.nbsp;

1[/quote

• imageSLaBM2B:
    image~~Chels&Ry~~:

Yay for progress!

Honestly, he stuck a bear paw up my hoo (HAAAAAAA!) and it was quite uncomfortable, but I would say it HURT.. This is how it went...

Bear Paw goes up Vag - Me: GIMME YOUR HAND (to my H)... OWWW. OWWW. OWWWW. (deep breaths and more oww's for 30 seconds). Doc's hand evacuates, and I am back to normal but feeling a little violated.

my OB is a woman with small hands so hopefully mine goes smoother! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"