Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Taking the baby to the movies?

Have you or would you consider this? I've had people suggest it - wear the baby and nurse if needed. My only worry is the sound level.

Just curious. 

Re: Taking the baby to the movies?

• If your baby is a crier or fusses a lot, please don't do it. If not, you can do it without bothering people, just sit away if you can... the noise level may help to put the baby to sleep sometimes, mine goes to sleep in really loud environments. Just, my husband and I went to go see Iron Man 3 and a lady brought her very fussy baby, so annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My city offers movies for moms, it is during a week day once a week. You can bring your baby, the sound is not quite so loud, they leave the lights up just a little and no one cares if LO is making noise cause they all have LOs too.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageClandestineX:
    If your baby is a crier or fusses a lot, please don't do it. If not, you can do it without bothering people, just sit away if you can... the noise level may help to put the baby to sleep sometimes, mine goes to sleep in really loud environments. Just, my husband and I went to go see Iron Man 3 and a lady brought her very fussy baby, so annoying.

Yeah...no. I would not consider it if she was fussy. If we did it, it would be the early show when she takes her long nap and it is usually less crowded. 

• ohlordyohlordy member

I thought about it and realized it is not a good idea for us. There are moments of unpredictability when DD likes to scream and I'd rather it not happen somewhere like a movie, 

I do miss the movies and have been looking for a drive-in near us. At least I can control the sound level and we won't be bothering other people if DD wants to have one if her few-min shiit fits.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• When I go to the movies, I'm paying $12 a ticket to enjoy myself, not to listen to your baby cry. I leave mine with a sitter, when you go, please do the same.
  • JenniD2JenniD2 member
    Before I was pregnant, I had said that I would never take LO to the movies, and I still stand by that. Babies are unpredictable. While DS is normally a good baby, he has his moments where he does fuss and cry. I think it inconsiderate to the people around you to bring a baby that may fuss and disrupt their movie experience.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemabenner1:
    When I go to the movies, I'm paying $12 a ticket to enjoy myself, not to listen to your baby cry. I leave mine with a sitter when you go, please do the same.
    This. This. This. I rarely get a chance to go to the movies and there is nothing worse than a crying baby to spoil my one night out. If you do go and the baby starts to cry, leave the theater, do not try and soothe them in there. It is super distracting.
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

imagemabenner1:
    When I go to the movies, I'm paying $12 a ticket to enjoy myself, not to listen to your baby cry. I leave mine with a sitter when you go, please do the same.

This.  Get a sitter or wait til the movie's out on DVD 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• I have taken mine twice and both times people came over and were shocked I brought her because they never even heard her. I kept her in the car seat during nap time, rocked her, nursed her, and she was fine.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• I just found out last week that a theatre here has "Reel Babies" program.  I think it's twice a month in the afternoon.  They play a movie with the lights dimmed, sound low and they even have stroller parking, change tables, bottle warmers and play mats set up.  It just started around here but it has been in larger cities for a while. 
  • jefkjefk member

imagemoonflowers2013:
    I just found out last week that a theatre here has "Reel Babies" program.  I think it's twice a month in the afternoon.  They play a movie with the lights dimmed, sound low and they even have stroller parking, change tables, bottle warmers and play mats set up.  It just started around here but it has been in larger cities for a while. 

The AMC theater chain does this, if there's one near you. 

• imagemabenner1:
    When I go to the movies, I'm paying $12 a ticket to enjoy myself, not to listen to your baby cry. I leave mine with a sitter, when you go, please do the same.

Yes 

and if your baby cries and you do get up and leave, then you and hubby just wasted $24. I would get a sitter also.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Our theaters have "Stars and Strollers" on Wednesday afternoons just for Moms and Babies.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I took DD1 twice to mums and bubs sessions. It was awesome.
    If you decide to risk it at a normal session just accept that you may have to leave if baby gets upset.
    Our daytime sessions are deserted here anyway, there's no one to disturb most of the time!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"