May 2013 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Oh I have so many today! But for now, I have realized I am totally one of those girls who does parenting stuff she said she would never do. Like give a pacifier. But I am so glad that I am like that rather than just stubbornly doing what I want to do instead of what's best for Autumn!
    EDIT: grammar fix
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I have become a sleep zombie, when I can get it. Fell asleep on the birth ball yesterday. Also woke up with TP stuck to me after a very sleepy bathroom trip one night. That was embarrassing!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm becoming more understanding of the "is this labor" posts now that I'm experiencing some random, could-be early labor signs here and there.  They're still annoying since they are asked 230478230745023 times per day, but I totally get the over-analyzing of each ache and pain.
  • Sorry it's a Bieber thing again but the more I hear about him the more I loathe him. He's a complete spanner!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    My plan was and still is to work until I give birth. That being said, I am jealous of all the women who are stopping or have stopped working early.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelinegirl313:
    Between nursing and pumping for twins, I spend half my day topless. I leak all over the place and just grab whatever I see to pat off drops of milk. Sometimes it's a dish towel, sometimes it's my husband's bath towel, whatever I see... I'm disgusting.

This was me! I do not have twins but I did not have any nursing bras or tanks so I was topless for a few days. Every morning I would wake up with my chest encrusted in dried milk. I now have bras and pads! Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • imagePetraStonegirl:
    Yesterday, Mr Petra held Pebbles while I got down on my hands and elbows and tried an inverted pumping session after a feed, whilst wearing nothing but hot pink grannie panties that are now three sizes too big. What can I say? Clogged ducts suck giant hairy monkey balls. I looked the damn fool, but it worked like a charm!

Yes 

• pnutgpnutg member
    Waiting at the OB's office now for my appointment. Would be thrilled if they admitted me. I want to get this over with.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    My plan was and still is to work until I give birth. That being said, I am jealous of all the women who are stopping or have stopped working early.

I hope you are more organized and put together than I was...even after my due date, LO was still high and I kept procrastinating stuff at work. "Oh, I've still got time."

I ended up doing last minute stuff at the office while in labor, sending emails and answering the phone in between contractions. I really don't recommend it! Lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• As much as I'm envious over all the mommies with outside babies, I am ok with not having him just yet. I'm still enjoying my "me" time by myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• imageAllieAGame:
    I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.

I feel the same way.  It's terrifying.  I watch what I say and post in an attempt to keep those thoughts at bay. 

• imagebeaubecca:
    imagemishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first. I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.
    Please don't take this as a flame but that seems really harsh. Why not just wait to tell everyone then instead of singling her out? Or tell her that her plans and intentions bother you so much you dont want to tell her and hopefully that would help her chill out?

I understand the drama that can come with families and delivery rooms, I've got some myself.  But I agree with the PP.  Personally, I wouldnt have told anyone about an induction, until I was well into labor.  If you are having trouble with one person, instead of trying to beat around the bush just be straight up blunt about it.   YOU make the decisions, no one else.   You flat out tell her "No, MIL, you will not be the first person to see the baby, so drop it.  You will come back when invited."  If you want your mother, have your husband walk out to the waiting room and ask your mom to come see you, and tell the rest that he will back for the next visitor in just a moment.   Tell the nurses that no one comes into your room without your permission.   

It's really not that hard to stand your ground.  Being firm about your wishes isnt being mean. 

And I suppose that's my FFC.  I've spent months on these boards reading about women scared to stand up to their moms/inlaws/hospital visitors, and it drives me crazy.  No one can enter your hospital room, or delivery room, or take your baby out of your arms without your permission, and it baffles me that people allow themselves to be walked all over. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagebotanicalbliss:

imageAllieAGame:
    I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.

I feel the same way.  It's terrifying.  I watch what I say and post in an attempt to keep those thoughts at bay. 

So true!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • D&S724D&S724 member

imagebeaubecca:
    I am jealous of all the mommy posts. I still have an inside baby and am not even due until Monday but I want to meet him! And I want to join in the conversations about feeding and sleeping!

Same here! Then again, I was happy to be able to go the PTA's Bingo Night last night, and we have a busy weekend ahead, so I'm not in THAT much of a rush.

Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • jayro10jayro10 member
    imagemishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first.
    I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.

I totally get this. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Your labor, your choice.

We haven't said anything to MIL about my being on modified bedrest now to PIH and potential pree. I'm not due till the 30th. She only lives a couple minutes away, but if she knew I was home all day now she would try to come here and keep me company....and that would definitely not help my blood pressure! My mom, on the other hand, knows every detail and has come to visit when she's not working. I've told my mom about everything pregnancy related, but MIL basically only knows my due date and that it's a girl.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAllieAGame:

Ditto.  I've been super calm and yesterday was my first internal.  As i was sitting there with no pants on and the drape on my lap for 30 minutes waiting (thanks doc), I suddenly got the urge to flee.  

"What if she walks in, looks and says 'i'll meet you at L&D.'  Nooooooo!!!!  I'm not ready!!!!" even though an hour before I thought I was.

*edited for a forgotten "t" 

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    I just want to smack the women in the pictures from all the breastfeeding literature and advertisements. Their perfect hair, blissful "look how I'm doing everything right for my baby" smiles, and ease of positioning...I hate them all.

If a photographer were to drop in to my house right now, his first picture would be of disheveled me with wet hair [hey, I did manage a shower today], bare and sweaty chest, pillows propped all around, feet up on a cardboard box, and tiny babe suckling away at a nipple shield [or a bottle...oh, the horror!]. His second picture would be of his tonsils as I crammed the camera down his throat.

ETA something I forgot

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I don't open the Birth Stories without PIP indicated.  I wish people would just post "[Baby Name] has arrived - Squishy PIP" and post their little newborn photos.

I don't care if you had your baby is a tub, an OR, had an epidural, stadol, or anything for that matter.

I just want to see babies!

• imageKLJ3:
    I just want to smack the women in the pictures from all the breastfeeding literature and advertisements. Their perfect hair, blissful "look how I'm doing everything right for my baby" smiles, and ease of positioning...I hate them all. If a photographer were to drop in to my house right now, his first picture would be of disheveled me with wet hair [hey, I did manage a shower today], bare and sweaty chest, pillows propped all around, feet up on a cardboard box, and tiny babe suckling away at a nipple shield [or a bottle...oh, the horror!]. His second picture would be of his tonsils as I crammed the camera down his throat. ETA something I forgot

Every time I opened a new OPK while TTC, I would poke holes in the eyes of the smiling mother on the box.  Oh how I loathed her. 

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Confession #2... I want DD2 to be born NOW just so I can put my cool new double stroller to use.  (Only half-kidding)
  • I hate BFing. I'm trying to stick with it because it's best for my babies but it's so effing hard to feed two babies. It seems whenever they want anything more than a snack they can't get full by nursing alone, so we're supplementing with formula and every time I pump, someone wants the pumped milk right away so I can't build up any sort of stash. I end up exhausted, frustrated and sad that I can't provide what they need. Yesterday afternoon and again yesterday evening, I spent three straight hours trying to nurse only to end up giving them formula. This is preventing me from enjoying my babies. It just sucks.
  • imagewmorgan003:
    I hate BFing. I'm trying to stick with it because it's best for my babies but it's so effing hard to feed two babies. It seems whenever they want anything more than a snack they can't get full by nursing alone, so we're supplementing with formula and every time I pump, someone wants the pumped milk right away so I can't build up any sort of stash. I end up exhausted, frustrated and sad that I can't provide what they need. Yesterday afternoon and again yesterday evening, I spent three straight hours trying to nurse only to end up giving them formula. This is preventing me from enjoying my babies. It just sucks.

Just do what's right for your family and yourself, no matter how they get fed, as long as they are eating. BFing isn't right for everyone- no shame! I was a 8-week preemie twin, exclusively FF and my sister and I turned out great. Healthiest kids in our classes growing up. Whatever you decide to do, as long as your kids are cared for, fed and their needs met, you are doing it right. 

She is here! 5-29-13

• I am becoming increasingly more b!tchy as time progresses, but not because I'm uncomfortable and sore (well, maybe a little because of that), but because EVERYBODY wants a piece of me before I have the baby. Like me having a baby is going to ruin me for everyone, so they want one more chance to hang out before babyless me dies. They are seriously making me feel like I've been given a terminal illness, and it's irritating. So, I've actually been a cow and I've been cancelling some of my dates. Most of them I am legitimately feeling awful, so I have a good reason, but for others it's because I don't appreciate the way they treat me when we're together. I don't like their doom & gloom attitudes, and the way that they have to tell me every horror story ever known about childbirth and childrearing. I don't need to hear that, thank you.

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageMAdams728:

imagebeaubecca:
    imagemishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first. I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.
    Please don't take this as a flame but that seems really harsh. Why not just wait to tell everyone then instead of singling her out? Or tell her that her plans and intentions bother you so much you dont want to tell her and hopefully that would help her chill out?

I understand the drama that can come with families and delivery rooms, I've got some myself.  But I agree with the PP.  Personally, I wouldnt have told anyone about an induction, until I was well into labor.  If you are having trouble with one person, instead of trying to beat around the bush just be straight up blunt about it.   YOU make the decisions, no one else.   You flat out tell her "No, MIL, you will not be the first person to see the baby, so drop it.  You will come back when invited."  If you want your mother, have your husband walk out to the waiting room and ask your mom to come see you, and tell the rest that he will back for the next visitor in just a moment.   Tell the nurses that no one comes into your room without your permission.   

It's really not that hard to stand your ground.  Being firm about your wishes isnt being mean. 

And I suppose that's my FFC.  I've spent months on these boards reading about women scared to stand up to their moms/inlaws/hospital visitors, and it drives me crazy.  No one can enter your hospital room, or delivery room, or take your baby out of your arms without your permission, and it baffles me that people allow themselves to be walked all over. 

don't bet on it.

My mom (whom I am very close to but I didn't want in the delivery room) assumed the baby should have been born already and somehow managed to get past the locked door to L&D where you have to check in with the nurse and be on an approved list of visitors (which she was not on) and walked into the room while I was pushing. 

I still haven't remembered to ask how that happened. But if my MIL was adamant on barging her way into my room against my wishes, I sure as heck wouldn't tell her I was being induced.

And  just try standing up to a pushy MIL when you're in one of the most vulnerable and emotional moments of your life. If you're someone who has difficulty standing up to pushy people on a normal day, this is not the time to say you're going to start.

• imageAllieAGame:

imagewmorgan003:
    I hate BFing. I'm trying to stick with it because it's best for my babies but it's so effing hard to feed two babies. It seems whenever they want anything more than a snack they can't get full by nursing alone, so we're supplementing with formula and every time I pump, someone wants the pumped milk right away so I can't build up any sort of stash. I end up exhausted, frustrated and sad that I can't provide what they need. Yesterday afternoon and again yesterday evening, I spent three straight hours trying to nurse only to end up giving them formula. This is preventing me from enjoying my babies. It just sucks.

Just do what's right for your family and yourself, no matter how they get fed, as long as they are eating. BFing isn't right for everyone- no shame! I was a 8-week preemie twin, exclusively FF and my sister and I turned out great. Healthiest kids in our classes growing up. Whatever you decide to do, as long as your kids are cared for, fed and their needs met, you are doing it right. 

thank you.
  • imagegeekette2010:

don't bet on it.

My mom (whom I am very close to but I didn't want in the delivery room) assumed the baby should have been born already and somehow managed to get past the locked door to L&D where you have to check in with the nurse and be on an approved list of visitors (which she was not on) and walked into the room while I was pushing. 

I'm quite certain I told the Nurses that I didn't want anyone visitors until after the baby was born.  So there I am hunched over about to get my epidural, and in walk my mother and MIL.  

So yeah...  :(

• imagewmorgan003:

I have to give you a lot of credit. It's hard enough BFing one baby that constantly wants to eat; I can't imagine trying to keep up with two. I am sure you are doing a great job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. H's family invited us to a BBQ on Sunday and then requested today that I bring a side salad. Sure - I picked up premade stuff from Walmart. Don't expect a new mom to cook a week after giving birth.

2. I also don't want to go to this BBQ. I hate how my LO gets passed around in large crowds. She's mine and I am selfish about my time with her. Silly as that sounds.

3. My sisters will not be babysitting anytime soon. Last weekend they treated her like a cabbage patch doll and it really ticked off H. Pick her up, pass her off, put her in the swing, turn the swing on, put her in the bouncer, put her back in the swing... this went on for an hour.  I know I should have said something, but I didn't want to look like a know-it-all. Also when she started to squawk from the passing around they freaked and brought her back to me - yeah thanks for ticking her off.

BabyName Ticker
  • This. Some people have gotten sooo clingy it is crazy!!
  • imageKLJ3:
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    I hope you are more organized and put together than I was...even after my due date, LO was still high and I kept procrastinating stuff at work. "Oh, I've still got time." I ended up doing last minute stuff at the office while in labor, sending emails and answering the phone in between contractions. I really don't recommend it! Lol.

I have a feeling this will be me.  I'm already 3 days past my due date, but I'm carrying high and haven't felt any indications that labor is even remotely close.  I bet I'll be sending out at least a few emails while I'm in labor. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a donut for breakfast, cheeseburger and fries for lunch, and planning on pizza for dinner. I'm a week past due and nothing remotely healthy sounds good
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMarissa0717:
    I had a donut for breakfast, cheeseburger and fries for lunch, and planning on pizza for dinner. I'm a week past due and nothing remotely healthy sounds good

Lord, this is me this week! And I'm already thinking what can I eat for 4th meal...

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• imagelinegirl313:
    imagewmorgan003:
    YES. I feel like everyone else gets to enjoy my twins while I'm constantly stressing over getting them to latch and worrying that they aren't getting enough. And every minute that I'm not feeding them, I'm pumping for them. I just want to hold them and enjoy them , like everyone else.

Both you ladies are doing a great job, even if you have to supplement.  It must be extremely challenging to feed two babies.  I hope and pray you guys can start to enjoy your babies and know that you are doing an excellent job. 

• imageAimeeSue02:

imageMarissa0717:
    I had a donut for breakfast, cheeseburger and fries for lunch, and planning on pizza for dinner. I'm a week past due and nothing remotely healthy sounds good

Lord, this is me this week! And I'm already thinking what can I eat for 4th meal...

Ditto minus the past due. I feel I'm so near the end now that I might as well just eat whatever.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"