October 2012 Moms
Options

Vertigo... woah!!

Any of you ever had an inner ear infection? Could you tell me about your symptoms and how long it lasted? Did you go to the doctor?

I woke up extremely dizzy this morning, like I was reeeeeeally drunk. The room seemed to be spinning so violently that I was almost nauseous! Seriously, I had to hold on to the wall. As the day's gone on, I have gotten better and I hardly have any symptoms, but I've had a couple "spells" here and there.

My mom had this a while ago and she said the doctor told her it's probably a virus and to take benadryl.

Re: Vertigo... woah!!

• Options
    I don't have an ear infection or virus but I've had vertigo all day. I've had to grab my desk and I even fell out of my chair getting up.  No idea what it is. I hope you get better quick and it goes away!
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options

imagemrsdaggett:
    I don't have an ear infection or virus but I've had vertigo all day. I've had to grab my desk and I even fell out of my chair getting up.  No idea what it is. I hope you get better quick and it goes away!

I'm just assuming it's an inner ear thing since I'm so dizzy! I've never had this before, have you? You poor thing! I hope you get better soon too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When my sister had vertigo, it was non-stop. She said the room would not stay still at all. So, maybe it is just an ear thing? I think if you have water in your ear it could cause this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've never had this before either but I've also never had an ear problem, that I can remember. Hopefully it passes and if not I'm going to call my dr.
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options

I had vertigo in college, and that sounds an awful lot like it. Mine lasted a few days, but that was after medication. I could also be fluid in your inner ear canal.  I'd go to the doctor. 

• Options

Yep, ive had it before! Dr prescribed me a motion sickness drug called mecklazine. I think its comparable to dramamine u can get over the counter. It helped me. Now I carry it around just incase.....it was a scary moment for me being 15weeks pregnant and it happened to me in public. K thought something was wronf with my baby...so scary!

Hope someone can run to the store for you! 

• Options
    I had vertigo the night before last, then it was gone when I woke up. I have only had it once before and that was probably two years ago. I woke up and by the end of the day it was better.
  • Options
    I know.this.sounds a little strange, but I've had vertigo twice and this is what the physical therapist my doctor sent me to had me do. Sit on your bed and lean over to one side so that your head is touching the bed for.30 seconds. Then sit up straight for 30, repeat for other side and middle again. Do 10 sets of these 3x a day and it will help balance your inner ear and vet rid of your vertigo.

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    I know.this.sounds a little strange, but I've had vertigo twice and this is what the physical therapist my doctor sent me to had me do. Sit on your bed and lean over to one side so that your head is touching the bed for.30 seconds. Then sit up straight for 30, repeat for other side and middle again. Do 10 sets of these 3x a day and it will help balance your inner ear and vet rid of your vertigo.

Hope this helps!!

Trying this today! Uggg it's back really bad this morning. Thanks jlw!

• Options
    imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:

Hope this helps!!

Trying this today! Uggg it's back really bad this morning. Thanks jlw!

You're welcome! I hope it's giving you some relief !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"