Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Which would you pick?

Choice A: A new car seat that has never been opened in a fully sealed box that has been sitting in a garage for over a year where the temperatures and moisture have varied and we store gasoline cannisters and other garage stuff.  Box is now dusty and dirty. But box is in good condition.

Choice B: A car seat that is new that just arrived today from Diapers.com that is busted open and the car seat is exposed (top lid tape busted open either during shipping or in their wherehouse). Box is beat up.

Thanks for your vote! :)

Re: Which would you pick?

• kalettekalette member
    Garage supposing it hasn't expired.The temps in cars vary too so I'd think that would be fine.
  • Yea, garage.  Who knows what kind of beating the shipped one got.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would use the one that has been in the garage for a year. 
  • imagekalette:
    Garage supposing it hasn't expired.The temps in cars vary too so I'd think that would be fine.

This. In addition I would call diapers.com and let them know what happened and insist that they send you a new seat, one that preferably isn't mangled.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Choice A and contact Diapers.com for a return authorization.

If you had been using carseat A for the last year it would still have been sitting in your garage all this time...only it would have been installed in your car instead of sitting in the box. Not that different, IMO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAurora_Borealis:

Choice A and contact Diapers.com for a return authorization.

If you had been using carseat A for the last year it would still have been sitting in your garage all this time...only it would have been installed in your car instead of sitting in the box. Not that different, IMO.

This! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Amelia4Amelia4 member

imageoliversmommy32912:
    imagekalette:
    This. In addition I would call diapers.com and let them know what happened and insist that they send you a new seat, one that preferably isn't mangled.

Oliver's Mom is wise.  This is what I would do, too.

imageimage
  • We bought our Britax from Diapers.com as well, came with the top of the box smashed a little so I was concerned as well.  I called and they said they would replace but I looked it over and it seemed fine, they also put a $20 credit on my account.  They were very nice and acomodating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageoliversmommy32912:
    imagekalette:

I cosign on this idea!
  • Another vote for the seat stored in the garage. As the others have said, the temp fluctuations would be similar to if it were installed in the car for a year, so it should be perfectly safe as long as it's not expired. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ZimgerZimger member

imagekalette:

This

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Apparently I am the lone ranger.  I would go with B, but I guess I would need to see how "beat up" the box is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"