Baby Showers

Large Work Baby Showers - Individual Thank You or Group Thank you?

I recently had a baby shower at work where about 92 people attended.  This resulted in 4 pages of gifts.  Due to the number of gifts received, I was wondering if it would be okay to write a group letter for each department or if writing a card for each individual gift is necessary.

What do you think?

Re: Large Work Baby Showers - Individual Thank You or Group Thank you?

• If you know who gave you the gift - I would write a personal note.

If it was a group gift and you don't know who gave it to you in that department/group, then a group note.

That is a lot of gifts!!!

Try to take it slow. Break it down and do 10 a day or so. :-)  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Omg I think I would faint if I had that many people at my baby shower!

I think cookies or bagels or something and a big thank you note for each department is ok, unless you got 92 separate gifts. In that case, I'd write a note to each person.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecinderin:

If you know who gave you the gift - I would write a personal note.

If it was a group gift and you don't know who gave it to you in that department/group, then a group note.

This. If 92 individuals gave you gifts, then they really should get an individual thank you note. 

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    Everyone should get an individual thank you card because everyone individually took the time to buy you a gift. The only way a joint thank you card might be remotely appropriate is if a department went in together on a joint gift, but even then, I would still do separate cards.
  • I just had a surprise work shower, which was about 30 to 35 people. Everyone chipped in for group gifts, and I did individual thank you cards. Granted that is far less than you have to do, but I opted for individual because everyone was so awesome in doing that for me.
  • imagecinderin:

If you know who gave you the gift - I would write a personal note.

This is what I would do. But if you have 4 pages of gifts it sounds like people bought stuff individually. If they gave an individual gift I would write an individual TY card. If they di a group gift then I would do a group TY card.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would write individual thank you cards for those who gave gifts individually.  For group gifts I'd write one thank you for that department.  I'd probably take in cookies for all departments as a "thank you" as well...just to make sure no one felt "left out".

• imageBC&LM:
    Everyone should get an individual thank you card because everyone individually took the time to buy you a gift. The only way a joint thank you card might be remotely appropriate is if a department went in together on a joint gift, but even then, I would still do separate cards.

This.

Everyone should get a seperate thank you card.

• imagelalvillar06:
    Omg I think I would faint if I had that many people at my baby shower! I think cookies or bagels or something and a big thank you note for each department is ok, unless you got 92 separate gifts. In that case, I'd write a note to each person.

this. If you got some group gifts, a group note would be okay, otherwise individuals are a little more thoughtful. After all, they were thoughtful in giving you all those gifts. 

• imageBCLM:
    Everyone should get an individual thank you card because everyone individually took the time to buy you a gift. The only way a joint thank you card might be remotely appropriate is if a department went in together on a joint gift, but even then, I would still do separate cards.[/quote

Exactly this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"