September 2012 Moms

bottle to tippy cup

I have a friend that took the bottle away from all 4 of her kids the day after the first birthday. She said she never had one of them complain, she simple told them bottles are for babies...

When and how are you planning on going from the bottle to a tippy cup? 

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
(N.J.O) 9.14.12

Re: bottle to tippy cup

• Ha! I wish it had been that easy with DS1. I started introducing different cups around 8 months. He didn't like any of them. It took forever to find one he could/would use. I honestly think he just wanted bottles and when he was ready for sippy cups he accepted the change.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Our pedi advises to be done with bottles by 15 months.

DD rarely has bottles b/c I BF, but she takes a sippy just fine for water.

With DS, he never really took to bottles either, but we started transitioning to WCM at 12 months, so I did give him WCM in a bottle at that point, and then did sippy cups exclusively around 13-14 months or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine won't take a bottle but drinks like a pro from a sippy cup with the straw. So I guess there's that we have that going for us.
  • DS is obsessed with drinking out of regular cups. Like he gets mad when I don't let him drink my coffee. I've helped him drink from an IKEA plastic cup a few times, but its messy.

I think there are sippy cups that simulate real cups so I'm going to try that one soon. He has tried others but hasn't had much success so far.
    Little B 9.20.12
  • imagesweetiebird726:
    DS is obsessed with drinking out of regular cups. Like he gets mad when I don't let him drink my coffee. I've helped him drink from an IKEA plastic cup a few times, but its messy.

I think there are sippy cups that simulate real cups so I'm going to try that one soon. He has tried others but hasn't had much success so far.

Apparently the Doidy Cup is good for this.
  • kayohhkayohh member

imageLoisLayn23:
    I thought tippy cup was a drinking game.

i NEED to learn this game ;] 

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• kayohhkayohh member
    imagekayohh:

imageLoisLayn23:

i NEED to learn this game ;] 

AH, totally just noticed the TIPPY oops. ment SIPPY Eeek <<~~~ LAME BRAIN 

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• I think I gradually decreased the bottles per week and per day up until 13 months old with DS and then, one day, he was expecting his morning bottle when he woke up (that was the last one left) and instead, I put him in the high chair, gave him a cup with milk in it and he cried for about 3 minutes, then drank the milk and we never looked back.  Praying it's that easy for DD when the time comes.

I need to get better about giving her a cup though to prepare for that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLoisLayn23:

Flippy Cup FTW! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"