Breastfeeding

Gassy baby help

What foods make babies more gassy and spit up more? I have been noticing he has been more sick feeling last night and today. :[

I know about dairy, but I haven't had much of that.. ..
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Gassy baby help

• Certain vegetables, broccoli was always one that bothered DS1. Spicy foods, acidity foods such as tomatoes, soy!
    proof-3 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMomtobe2912:
    Have you looked at giving a few drops of biogaia a day ... it is a probiotic over the counter and I think helps with gas. nbsp;Our doctor recommended it to us for colic but I think our box mentions the gas too.

I have thought about finding some probiotics. Where do you get them?

I picked up some gas drops, and they seem to be helping.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't think dairy was our problem and it was probably a month before I finally tried eliminating, after which I had a whole different baby. If gas drops are working, maybe dairy's not a possibility, but even just a little dairy can cause a lot of issues if that's the real source of the problem. A few weeks ago I tried reintroducing dairy into my diet because my little guy is 9 months, but after only 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, we had 48 hours of painful gas and fussiness.

Other stuff that I swear caused more gas (although I didn't really eliminate or spend a ton of time testing) were: peanuts, eggs, edamame, onions. I have no clue if that's something that's very baby-specific though. 

Good luck! 

• Curry, o other heavily spiced foods
  • jlpevjlpev member
    imagemrsdeanna:
    Certain vegetables, broccoli was always one that bothered DS1. Spicy foods, acidity foods such as tomatoes, soy!

This. Chili was too spicy for DS.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"