Multiples

Question about clothing...

Hello everyone!  My twins are due August 28th and I'm in hyper nesting mode (when I'm not pooped).  My doctor wants to try to get me to 39 weeks and I'm wondering what size clothing I should get.  My husband wants to keep the genders of the babies a surprise so I don't know what they are.  Should I get any preemie clothes?  Right now I have some newborn and 0-3 months sizes already.  They are already a few days ahead of schedule growth wise and my doctor thinks they will be long babies (my husband and I are both tall).

Re: Question about clothing...

• The advice I've received is not to buy preemie clothing until you actually have preemies.  If they arrive early/small you can always send someone out to pick up a couple outfits to tide you over until you can order more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the advice:)
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at 38.5 weeks and they weighed 6'4" and 6'9".  They outgrew their newborn sized clothing in about a month or less (esp my boy he's growing so fast).  I wouldn't buy any preemie clothing unless they are delivered weighing less than 5lbs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 39w is not preemie...  I wouldn't buy preemie clothes for them since they'll likely be born full term and are measuring on track.  Am I missing something here?
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My boys came at 36w1d, weighing under five lbs. They needed preemie clothes for several weeks (they weighed six pounds when they went into NB). The only reason we even had any on hand was because my growth scan showed IUGR. The vast majority of clothes were NB and 0-3 mos. If a friend had some on hand she was willing to lend you- great, but I wouldn't buy any unless you have a reason to believe they'll be super tiny. Like pp said, a friend can always run to BRU/BBB/Target to pick you up a few outfits.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageCNYBride05:
    39w is not preemie... nbsp;I wouldn't buy preemie clothes for them since they'll likely be born full term and are measuring on track. nbsp;Am I missing something here?

I think she was saying her dr wants her to make it to 39 weeks but obviously with any pregnancy that may not always happen so is it necessary to but preemie clothes...

OP, My twins were born at 38 weeks and we didn't do any preemie clothes. I had an easy pregnancy and yes they could have come early or been smaller but we would have just sent someone to buy them clothes. They could have fit into some preemie as newborn outfits were a bit big but it would have been a waste since they ended up growing out of newborn so quickly.
  • I've been told premie clothes go UP TO six lbs and newborn is 5-8 lbs

Using that information: my Mom is buying my boys newborn "homecoming" outfits.

We are of the "don't buy stuff unless you need to" mindset.

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"