March 2013 Moms

TMI - I gotta go poo

So since LO's been here (just over 8 weeks) I've been doing great. I had an episiotomy, but it's never bothered me because everything was fine. All of a sudden, my innards have stopped and that area is super sore, even though it's healed. I'm straining and pretty sure I'm going to have to get out the prep-h again.

Every day I eat a fiber one bar, have a huge cup of coffee, slightly less water than when I was pregnant, and I've been taking 2 colace at night. I've been doing great with eating well and usually have salad for lunch. I'm trying everything i can think of that would help me go #2, but rabbit turds are all I can get out. I'm super gassy too... feeling like I should be on gentlease with LO!

WHAT'S THE DEAL?? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: TMI - I gotta go poo

• That's sucks! Just want to say sorry because I know that it painful, I had the same problem right after delivery for about 3 weeks. Felt like i was in labor all ober again, Horror. I'm 6 weeks pp and have been taking probiotics which I think really helps in that department...
  • Loading the player...
  • tig594tig594 member
    Sorry about your problem. I had a hemmorhoidectomy (yeah, i probably spelled that wrong) a week after my c/s. Stool softeners, exlax and lots of water are your friends!
  • Miralax!! Works like a charm and is very natural. Doesn't give you the cramps and diarrhea like typical laxatives since its bulk forming, not a stimulant. I have been struggling all through my pregnancy and c section recovery.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • prune juice and suppositories.  I know it isn't pleasant but it works.  It was the only thing that saved me when all else failed after my delivery.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"