Dads & Dads-to-be

Fathers Day gifts.. What do you really want?

Hi, 

Looking for gift ideas to get my OH from DS this Father's day. Sick of giving him ties for work... 

What would you LOVE your SO to get you?

All ideas welcome cause I'm pretty stuck here... 

Re: Fathers Day gifts.. What do you really want?

• If he's a sports fan maybe try a Dad jersey/t-shirt. Or if he has a hobby get him something he will use as part of that hobby. You could even personalize it if you want. Either way he can remember that he got it from DS whenever he uses it.

Those are my thoughts but I'm just a Dad-to-be right now. I haven't earned my golden tie yet Stick out tongue

• We really need a permanent thread at the top of the page for the whole gift giving ideas question that seems to pop up every week.  I'm looking at you TheLastStraw05.

• Loading the player...
  • PrimePrime member
    I don't think TheLastStraw05 is here anymore.  We are rudderless.

• This will be Father's Day #3 for me...

1st Father's Day I got a t-shirt (and matching onesie for my son) that said Big Slugger and his said Little Slugger for us to wear to our local minor league baseball games that summer.

Last Father's Day, I don't recall if I got anything... if I didn't, it was because I told her not to.  There really wasn't anything I really wanted or needed.

This year, she already got me my present.  We bought her grandparent's minivan a few months back for me to drive, as my car bit the dust.  The remote locks didn't work (but the power sliding doors did... go figure), so she went and got a new remote for the van.  I really needed it, the only lock for the key was on the drivers' side door, so no matter what, I had to go to the drivers' side door first, even if I was loading my child who sits behind the passenger seat first.  Now I can unlock from the keychain and get the doors open... makes it so much easier.

Things to look at for your SO:  

- A day off from parental responsibility, perhaps including a trip fishing or to a ball game or something.

- Something that ties into his hobbies or interests.  If he's a drinker, get him a good bottle of booze, a cigar smoker, get him his favorite cigars.  Golf player?  Some new golf balls, or maybe set him up a tee time at a local course for the day.

Unless he really needs it, or asks for it, avoid the traditional tie gift.

• Oh, are these threads starting already?

-Electronics 

-booze

-BJ

Done.

Oh, and if mom want's to help the kids make a cute card or something, great. Can't have too much cuteness :) 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • WulfgarWulfgar member
    For me, I need more dress shirts for work, some of my collars are pretty worn.  I also needed a circular saw so I bought one recently so that is my wife's Father's Day gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageWulfgar:
    For me, I need more dress shirts for work, some of my collars are pretty worn.  I also needed a circular saw so I bought one recently so that is my wife's Father's Day gift.

I just bought a circular saw too! Something about buying power tools makes me feel more like a man. *grunt* 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks this is great. Might get him the lord of the rings trilogy he was banging on about that... and perhaps some booze!

I like the idea of a day free of parental responsibility! I want that for Mother's Day this year!!  

• imageClareMitchMom:

Thanks this is great. Might get him the lord of the rings trilogy he was banging on about that... and perhaps some booze!

I like the idea of a day free of parental responsibility! I want that for Mother's Day this year!!  

LOTR trilogy and booze...I would be a happy man to receive those gifts! 

• PrimePrime member
    I am getting 3 days free of parental responsibility to attend the National Homebrewers Conference.

• sex coupon book.....breasts.....bacon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"