February 2013 Moms

Bumbo?

When would LO be ready for a Bumbo or something akin to it? He has very good neck and head control and recently whenever he is in his bouncer, the swing, carseat, or lying on his back he does what I best describe as baby crunches as though he is trying to sit upright. Is he old enough for it? I know the recommendation is that they have great head control, but what does that constitute? Atticus's head still wobbles a tiny tiny bit when he's moving his body when I'm holding him upright. Sorry, I'm just curious.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Bumbo?

• We've been using it for about 3 weeks now.  If it doesn't work out, then just don't do it anymore. :)  He should be fine.  Caleb is still a little wobbly sometimes too.  The bumbo comes up pretty high in the back also, which gives them a little more support.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MBush4MBush4 member
    Hahaha yeah, my MIL calls it the BiMbo chair. My SIL is going to let me borrow her lionheart chair, so we'll see how it compares.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm no expert but we have been using the Bumbo for 2 weeks at least and DS has the same amount of head control that you described. He loves it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been using it for a couple weeks now. It's awesome because DS likes to watch what we're doing and wasn't tolerating chilling the swing anymore. He likes to be in on the action. It allows me to eat and clean for a bit and he just watches happily.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • I was also wondering about this. My guy is sick of the swing all the time and he can only hang out on the floor for so long. He has great head control...I guess it's time to give it a go!
  • We've been using it off and on for a few weeks also, but this week is the first week DS seems to like it for more than 5 minutes.
  • I'm getting ready to get one too. Has anyone used the summer infant super seat instead? I'm not sure which to buy. The super seat seems more versatile ...
  • Okay so I pulled our Bumbo chair out a week or so ago because I noticed some of you ladies were starting to use yours. DS didn't fit in it! I tried mooshing his chunky thighs in there, which just pissed him off. Then when I tried to pick him up the chair came too! Has this happened to anyone else?? I ended up returning the chair. I figured if it doesn't fit now, it isn't gonna get any better. Is there an alternative chair for chunky babies?

My DS is about 16 lbs and 27 in long at 13 weeks.

I like cookies.

• imagejocgymnast72:
    I'm getting ready to get one too. Has anyone used the summer infant super seat instead? I'm not sure which to buy. The super seat seems more versatile ...

I have it! I haven't used any of the accessories yet, just the seat, but DS really likes it and I think he will love it once he's old enough to appreciate toy more. I really like it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • DS is almost 12wks and we have been using it for a week now.  He has decent head control, but i just sit on the floor next to him just in case.  He started at 5 minutes in it and now is going almost 10.  I like it because it's another way to help with avoiding flat spots.
  • I just tried DD out in it this morning and she hung out for like 5-10 mins.  She was super quiet and looking around.  I think we'll start using it for short periods. :)
  • imageeriannc22:
    Okay so I pulled our Bumbo chair out a week or so ago because I noticed some of you ladies were starting to use yours. DS didn't fit in it! I tried mooshing his chunky thighs in there, which just pissed him off. Then when I tried to pick him up the chair came too! Has this happened to anyone else?? I ended up returning the chair. I figured if it doesn't fit now, it isn't gonna get any better. Is there an alternative chair for chunky babies?

My DS is about 16 lbs and 27 in long at 13 weeks.

According to amazon reviews, the super seat is better for babies with chunky thighs. It's about 32 bucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"