Breastfeeding

Dishwasher users...

Do you use the dishwasher for your bottles and pump parts? What type I soap do you use?
We were told powdered soap was better for the dishwasher, but since we switched to powder my stuff doesn't look as clean and I find pieces of powder on my parts sometimes. So what do you do? TIA!
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Dishwasher users...

• I use the cascade tablets and have no problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We wash pump and bottle parts on the top rack in a dishwasher basket and hav had no issues. I also use the Medela steam bag ever day or two.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • jmo823jmo823 member
    I only use the dishwasher for bottles. I handwash my pump parts since I need them during the week and some nights I forget to run the dishwasher. We use liquid detergent...I hadn't heard it was bad? Our nipples always look cloudy no matter what I do though
  • I use the finish tabs - and I use vineagar in the rinse aid spot - so instead of the blue stuff I use vineagar in the same spot.  This I believe is what helps us with the "cloudy" problem as when it runs low my bottles come out with a residue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member

imagejmo823:
    I only use the dishwasher for bottles. I handwash my pump parts since I need them during the week and some nights I forget to run the dishwasher. We use liquid detergent...I hadn't heard it was bad? Our nipples always look cloudy no matter what I do though

We were told that the powdered stuff cleans your dishwasher at the same time it cleans your dishes, and that the liquid stuff will gunk up your pipes.  Same home improvement professional also told us not to ever use those little gel pack thingies.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I always washed bottles/pump stuff by hand because I'm insane and only had enough bottles for one day. So I would wash by hand and refill with pumped milk every night.  Why I didn't go out and buy more bottles is a question that I still cannot answer other than sleep deprivation broke my brain.

Even with washing by hand, the bottle nipples still got cloudy. But I wouldn't like chunks of dish soap on my pump stuff. I've heard people using vinegar as a rinse aid too, although I've never tried it but now I plan to.

imageimage
  • The sterilizer and nipple brush and plain dawn help with my bottle nipples. A friend uses the medela milk cleanser for removing residue from her stuff. 

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Quick-Clean-Breastmilk-Soap/dp/B00A6F2QJC

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    imagejroth33470:

The sterilizer and nipple brush and plain dawn help with my bottle nipples. A friend uses the medela milk cleanser for removing residue from her stuff. 

Yeah, a friend gave me some of that.  And it's fine, but I don't find it to be "no scrub" like it claims.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • jmo823jmo823 member
    imageTJ1979:

imagejmo823:

We were told that the powdered stuff cleans your dishwasher at the same time it cleans your dishes, and that the liquid stuff will gunk up your pipes.  Same home improvement professional also told us not to ever use those little gel pack thingies.

Hmmm interesting! Maybe I should try powder...
  • imageTJ1979:
    imagejroth33470:

The sterilizer and nipple brush and plain dawn help with my bottle nipples. A friend uses the medela milk cleanser for removing residue from her stuff. 

Yeah, a friend gave me some of that.  And it's fine, but I don't find it to be "no scrub" like it claims.

I used a bottle of it. I still added a squirt of blue dawn and scrubbed. I have the hardest time with my Vent Aire bottles smelling like breast milk. It's not a rotten smell, but a sweet milky smell. I like my bottles to smell like nothing.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"