April 2013 Moms

NBR. BFF sleep comments vent

Anyone else get annoyed when others complain about sleep to you who either don't have kids or the kids are older?

Yesterday my BFF, our 2yo and I made a 2 hr drive to an amusement park. My BFF works three 12 hr shifts in a row... My shift when I has only 1 kid. BFF got of work at 3am. We met at my house at 8:30. She states the trip talking about how exhausted she was. Really??? She then slept the drive there along with my 2 yo sleeping. We played till 5 and at that point I was exhausted. I, like usual, got around 4 hrs of sleep . We decided to head out and I asked if she wanted to drive home. She said no she planned to sleep bc she didn't get her normal 8 to 10 hrs. I mentioned joking that I would love that amount of sleep. She just laughed and said that I was used to functioning on no sleep and she wasn't bc she doesn't have kids. On the drive home she slept. At one point I pulled over to get caffeine. She woke to ask what I was doing. I told her I was trying not to fall asleep and that when I got home I was not going to be getting much rest with a 2 yr old taking a late nap and lo wanting wanting to nurse vs the bottle. She proceeded to go back to sleep. Omg I was and still am annoyed.

I still love her though as she comes by a few times a week to watch the kids why I grocery shop and she is my BFF. I'm just annoyed with the sleep comments.
2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NBR. BFF sleep comments vent

• The first week home with LO, my brother dramatically trudged down the stairs, flopped in the chair next to me with his eyes half open, and started to whine about how tired he was. He had just slept about 9 or 10 hours. Yeah, I lost it, lol.

Honestly I don't think it crosses people's minds about the lack of sleep parents get, and I don't think I would have considered it either before having my DD. My husband and brother seemed to be under the impression that I would be able to continue cooking full meals, cleaning, etc. I tried for a while but eventually had to tell them I couldn't do everything plus take care of DD all day while they sleep and all night while they work. DH helps out a lot now, but it was a huge adjustment for both of us!
  • BIL had the nerve to complain about his 4 hours of sleep after a wedding a couple of weeks ago. DH looked at him and said "Why don't you ask Highlights how much sleep she gets a night, then grow up?"
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • none5none5 member
    MH told me I wasn't sleep deprived! I laughed in his face. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member

imagehighlights:
    BIL had the nerve to complain about his 4 hours of sleep after a wedding a couple of weeks ago. DH looked at him and said "Why don't you ask Highlights how much sleep she gets a night, then grow up?"

Internet high-five to your husband!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's annoying, especially since you essentially asked her to drive twice. I know men don't get the subtle approach, but most women I know do.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I honestly think that people who don't have kids just don't get it, and it's not really their fault... I didn't get it either. And I only have one kid! Of course she's tired after those shifts, and I wouldn't blame her for complaining a bit, but it is kind of messed up that you had to drive both ways while she slept the whole time. If the situation arises again, I would say BEFORE the trip, "how about I drive here and you drive back so we both have a chance to rest?" Either she didn't get your hints or chose to ignore them, but either way that would solve the problem. There's no reason that you should be her personal chauffeur anyway.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    my husband comes home from work and every freaking hour feels the need to tell me he's sooo tired and exhausted. i am trying hard to not kill him. he had the nerve to tell me at midnight last night when he was thankfully helping me with the twins who both decided to be super fussy at the same exact time, that at least i could nap during the day. i seriously laughed in his face. i may be on amternity leave right now, but i am not getting naps. in fact i mowed the darn lawn yesterday because it looks like a freaking field because he hasn't bothered to do it. i guess i handle 4 hours of sleep a night better than he does right now.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imagehighlights:
    BIL had the nerve to complain about his 4 hours of sleep after a wedding a couple of weeks ago. DH looked at him and said "Why don't you ask Highlights how much sleep she gets a night, then grow up?"

You have an awesome husband! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"