May 2013 Moms

UO

Did we all forget it's Thursday?!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd GO! 

Re: UO

• the minute someone tells me that they are an honest, truthful and straightforward person I want to barf. Plus I never believe a word they say from that moment on!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I dislike when people talk about how much they screamed or the noises they made during labor.  It disturbs my calm big time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLolalipsy:
    the minute someone tells me that they are an honest, truthful and straightforward person I want to barf. Plus I never believe a word they say from that moment on!

I am an honest, truthful, and straightforward person.  I wouldn't kid you about a thing like that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:

imageLolalipsy:
    the minute someone tells me that they are an honest, truthful and straightforward person I want to barf. Plus I never believe a word they say from that moment on!

I am an honest, truthful, and straightforward person.  I wouldn't kid you about a thing like that.

Me too ::wink wink::

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageLolalipsy:

It bugs me when people start sentences with "Honestly..." As opposed to everything else you say? Lol. But what bugs me the most is when I catch myself doing it! Filler/empty words get on my nerves all the time, but especially when it's me saying them.

My UO is that while I think nurses are great, and I definitely appreciate the work they do, I am so tired of all the self back patting on FB with the ecards, etc. I don't see any other professionals constantly extolling the virtues of what they do the way nurses do. Every day there's another post in my newsfeed by a nurse about how awesome nurses are. Gag.
  • imagebowman958:
    I dislike when people talk about how much they screamed or the noises they made during labor.  It disturbs my calm big time.

This. So going off this, my UP is when people ask what your birth plan is and then they make negative comments and tell you what you shouldn't do. My plan is to TRY to stay med free, but if I can't, am open to some pain reliever. Just not an epidural. Not that there is anything wrong with one, I'm just not excited about the whole in your back thing. Hey, you never know I may get one.

Just don't need the whole "Oh, you'll change your mind when that thing is ripping out". Really now? I thought I knew how delivering a baby worked, considering that my ON and I discuss it every week now. But what does she know? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLolalipsy:

Lol, I don't mean to but I always think...I am a liar, a liar, and a liar,

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • burkemsburkems member

imagekmcd23:
    imageLolalipsy:
    It bugs me when people start sentences with "Honestly..." As opposed to everything else you say? Lol. But what bugs me the most is when I catch myself doing it! Filler/empty words get on my nerves all the time, but especially when it's me saying them. My UO is that while I think nurses are great, and I definitely appreciate the work they do, I am so tired of all the self back patting on FB with the ecards, etc. I don't see any other professionals constantly extolling the virtues of what they do the way nurses do. Every day there's another post in my newsfeed by a nurse about how awesome nurses are. Gag.

I have a friend who decided to go to nursing school. The minute she decided, every post since then has been about applying to nursing school, being accepted to nursing school, ecards about what it's like to be in nursing school (before she even started classes), how tiring nursing school is, what procedure she practiced/witnessed/learned about today, it goes on and on and on. I really cannot handle it. She's only one semester in. I can't bring myself to hide her from my newsfeed because she's such a trainwreck. ETA: I don't doubt that nursing school is hard, but it goes along with the theme of the self-pat on the back.

My UO: I much prefer bacon in the microwave over the frying pan.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Not really an opinion, but a confession (I'll forget by tomrorow) - I love reading how people are doing all the things they said they would never do.  How their "plan" didn't work out, how they're breaking rules they set for themselves.  I almost wish we could rewind back to 1st and 2nd trimester and rub their noses in it.

• imagecgiles120812:

imageLolalipsy:

Lol the world would be a brutal place if we didn't tell the odd fib.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:
    I dislike when people talk about how much they screamed or the noises they made during labor.nbsp; It disturbs my calm big time.

Me too. It weirds me out.
  • imageburkems:

imagekmcd23:
    imageLolalipsy:
    It bugs me when people start sentences with "Honestly..." As opposed to everything else you say? Lol. But what bugs me the most is when I catch myself doing it! Filler/empty words get on my nerves all the time, but especially when it's me saying them. My UO is that while I think nurses are great, and I definitely appreciate the work they do, I am so tired of all the self back patting on FB with the ecards, etc. I don't see any other professionals constantly extolling the virtues of what they do the way nurses do. Every day there's another post in my newsfeed by a nurse about how awesome nurses are. Gag.

I have a friend who decided to go to nursing school. The minute she decided, every post since then has been about applying to nursing school, being accepted to nursing school, ecards about what it's like to be in nursing school (before she even started classes), how tiring nursing school is, what procedure she practiced/witnessed/learned about today, it goes on and on and on. I really cannot handle it. She's only one semester in. I can't bring myself to hide her from my newsfeed because she's such a trainwreck.

https://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26872550.jpg

Pregnancy Ticker
  • burkemsburkems member
    imagebowman958:
    imageburkems:

https://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26872550.jpg

Several reasons:

1) lazy
    2) lazy
    3) lazy
    4) IDK, for some reason I'm better at cooking it in the microwave than on the stove. I hate dealing with all the grease.

• imageLolalipsy:
    imagecgiles120812:

imageLolalipsy:

Yes it would! Along these lines, I hate when people say that they never judge others. Everybody judges someone at one point.
  • imagekmcd23:
    imageLolalipsy:

My mom is a nurse, and this was never my experience with her.  However, the nurses that H works with are ALL about how great they are by virtue of being nurses.  I think some nurses build themselves up so much because doctors get a lot of credit for patient outcomes, and it the self love-fest makes those nurses feel better about themselves.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If one more person refers to either themself, or their daughter, as a "princess", I will throw up on their Cinderella slippers.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• imagemetzy144:
    imageLolalipsy:
    imagecgiles120812:

imageLolalipsy:

Yes it would! Along these lines, I hate when people say that they never judge others. Everybody judges someone at one point.

Yes! I have known a lot of people who sit there and say I don't judge but yet they point out something about someone else whether based on appearance or descions. It annoys the crap out of me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • My UO: I don't like when people think that having a dog or cat = having a baby. I've owned dogs and cats my whole life and I am a huge animal lover, but I never considered them my children and it's not the same at all. My friend and her husband actually get Mother's Day and Father's Day cards from the pomeranian and the husband actually got into an argument with me about how they know what it's like to have a kid because they have a dog. Yea no.
  • imageburkems:

Me too. It's also so much easier to make and clean up.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsMMalone:
    If one more person refers to either themself, or their daughter, as a "princess", I will throw up on their Cinderella slippers.

I am right there with ya.  NOT a fan of the prince/princess talk about LOs.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRaquellyo:

Not really an opinion, but a confession (I'll forget by tomrorow) - I love reading how people are doing all the things they said they would never do.  How their "plan" didn't work out, how they're breaking rules they set for themselves.  I almost wish we could rewind back to 1st and 2nd trimester and rub their noses in it.

I like reading about this too, but more because it reminds people that we all may have to be more go with the flow and give ourselves permission not to be perfect, rather than wanting to rub it in their face. We all have our fantasies of perfection. It's the people who refuse to adapt when "perfect" isn't working that should be judged. Thankfully, since judging people is so fun, there is no shortage of this either.

She is here! 5-29-13

• burkemsburkems member
    imagebowman958:

imageMrsMMalone:
    If one more person refers to either themself, or their daughter, as a "princess", I will throw up on their Cinderella slippers.

I am right there with ya.  NOT a fan of the prince/princess talk about LOs.

Yes

• imagemetzy144:
    My UO: I don't like when people think that having a dog or cat = having a baby. I've owned dogs and cats my whole life and I am a huge animal lover, but I never considered them my children and it's not the same at all. My friend and her husband actually get Mother's Day and Father's Day cards from the pomeranian and the husband actually got into an argument with me about how they know what it's like to have a kid because they have a dog. Yea no.

Yeah... My best friend just got a pearl necklace for Mother's Day from her cats. Say what?!  

• imagemetzy144:
    My UO: I don't like when people think that having a dog or cat = having a baby. I've owned dogs and cats my whole life and I am a huge animal lover, but I never considered them my children and it's not the same at all. My friend and her husband actually get Mother's Day and Father's Day cards from the pomeranian and the husband actually got into an argument with me about how they know what it's like to have a kid because they have a dog. Yea no.

Haha, I totally agree. One of the things I told my husband during labor was "We should have just gotten a dog!" Labor was hard (I screamed my head off :P) but I kept up a little bit of my sense of humor the whole time.

• imageRaquellyo:
    Not really an opinion, but a confession I'll forget by tomrorow I love reading how people are doing all the things they said they would never do.nbsp; How their "plan" didn't work out, how they're breaking rules they set for themselves.nbsp; I almost wish we could rewind back to 1st and 2nd trimester and rub their noses in it.
    Lol, I keep a mental list of things I said I would never do as a parent and have totally done.
  • imagejteneback:
    imageRaquellyo:
    Not really an opinion, but a confession I'll forget by tomrorow I love reading how people are doing all the things they said they would never do.nbsp; How their "plan" didn't work out, how they're breaking rules they set for themselves.nbsp; I almost wish we could rewind back to 1st and 2nd trimester and rub their noses in it.
    Lol, I keep a mental list of things I said I would never do as a parent and have totally done.

That is why I always try to say I plan to or I hope to.   Never say never. :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekmcd23:
    imageLolalipsy:

It bugs me when people start sentences with "Honestly..." As opposed to everything else you say? Lol. But what bugs me the most is when I catch myself doing it! Filler/empty words get on my nerves all the time, but especially when it's me saying them.

My UO is that while I think nurses are great, and I definitely appreciate the work they do, I am so tired of all the self back patting on FB with the ecards, etc. I don't see any other professionals constantly extolling the virtues of what they do the way nurses do. Every day there's another post in my newsfeed by a nurse about how awesome nurses are. Gag.

I feel the same way about Canadian teachers. I'm from Canada and live in the US now and my FB feed always features comments and statuses from Canadian teachers about how hard they work and how underpaid they are. No one forced you to be a teacher and people in tons of professions work hard. I love teachers and have the utmost respect for the great ones but it's so annoying to hear the constant comments. Not everyone does this but many do at least on my newsfeed
  • I don't find my reason to speak to a nurse any of the receptionists business. I don't feel I need to explain myself to her and give her my life history.

Ugh - it's only one lady in the office... she bugs me, but I like the other 3.

BabyName Ticker
  • imagemetzy144:
    imagebowman958:
    I dislike when people talk about how much they screamed or the noises they made during labor.nbsp; It disturbs my calm big time.
    Me too. It weirds me out.

THIS! I guess I appreciate their honesty, but it really isn't helping my mental state. 

My UO - I really dislike chocolate. It's just gross to me. Sour candy or salty snacks have always been much more appealing to me.  

• My UO is that I sometimes miss being pregnant. As much as I love my little girl and am happy she is here and doing well, I miss how easy pregnancy was.
  • imagebowman958:

imagekmcd23:

My mom is a nurse, and this was never my experience with her.  However, the nurses that H works with are ALL about how great they are by virtue of being nurses.  I think some nurses build themselves up so much because doctors get a lot of credit for patient outcomes, and it the self love-fest makes those nurses feel better about themselves.

Ugh ... many of the nurses I work with are like those your H work with. It is such a painful attitude to deal with. To be clear, I love nurses and think the vast majority are awesome. However, some of them act like they deserve a freaking Nobel Peace Prize for doing their job. You signed up for your job (and everything that goes along with it) just like I signed up for mine ... no one is forcing you to be at the hospital.

• jayro10jayro10 member
    So many good ones today!
    I HATE when people refer to their pets as their "children." I am a huge animal lover and love my pets dearly, but they are pets, not kids. My MIL calls our cats her "grand babies" and it makes me gag.

My UO is that I don't see what the big deal is about Vera Bradley stuff. People get so excited about it and I just don't get it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • April!April! member

imageLolalipsy:

Usually when someone talks about how honest and straightforward they are I immediately know they're an a**hole. 

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • imageRaquellyo:

Not really an opinion, but a confession (I'll forget by tomrorow) - I love reading how people are doing all the things they said they would never do.  How their "plan" didn't work out, how they're breaking rules they set for themselves.  I almost wish we could rewind back to 1st and 2nd trimester and rub their noses in it.

When everyone got in trouble for saying "just wait...  you'll see."  :)

• I think about a million times a day how easy it would be to have only one newborn this time around.  And don't get me started on having just one newborn and no other kids.  I am constantly judging myself for ever thinking having one baby was difficult.
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    I don't like Chinese food.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • burkemsburkems member

imageGoMaltby18:
    I think about a million times a day how easy it would be to have only one newborn this time around.  And don't get me started on having just one newborn and no other kids.  I am constantly judging myself for ever thinking having one baby was difficult.

I've already judged myself and the kid's not even out. And I only have one other one.

• imageburkems:

imageGoMaltby18:
    I think about a million times a day how easy it would be to have only one newborn this time around.  And don't get me started on having just one newborn and no other kids.  I am constantly judging myself for ever thinking having one baby was difficult.

I've already judged myself and the kid's not even out. And I only have one other one.

Even my husband is constantly saying "we had our moms come stay when DS was born.  Seriously, why did we need help??  It was one baby!!"  I mean, at the time it seemed hard but....  I remember after I had my second whenever I had just the baby and someone else watched my toddler it was like a vacation.

• imagenola78:
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imageRaquellyo:

When everyone got in trouble for saying "just wait...  you'll see."  :)

And the "just wait, you'll see" comments were exceedingly annoying as well.  I think it's fine to have a plan and goals, and then sometimes things work out differently.  I've certainly been there.  But nothing infuriated me more than the condescending "just you wait" comments.   

I'm not one of those people who say it.  I hated it when I was on the receiving end of those comments.  So I don't do it myself.

I'm more poking fun at the life-cycle of a BMB.  Every single BMB goes through the thing.  FB groups, inevitable FB/BMB war, The just-you-waiters, The non-vaxers, the bloody-showers, etc.

It's fun to watch.

• jayro10jayro10 member
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    I don't like Chinese food.

Me neither!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"