May 2013 Moms

Ultrasound baby measurements

To all the ladies who have already had their LO,....when/if you had an U/S right before they were born, how close was yours to their actual birth weight?

Re: Ultrasound baby measurements

• mel379mel379 member
    Just about spot on
  • On my first they estimated 5lb 2oz but she came out 4lb 13 oz. This past one was est at 6lb 2 oz and she was 6lb 1oz.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had an u/s at 36 weeks and they said she was 5lbs 8oz and would most likely be a 6lb baby. She was 5lb 14oz when born.
  • lavrillavril member
    10 lbs 10oz estimated on Monday delivered today 2 days later at 9lbs 3 oz

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • My estimate was 8.11 and DD was 8.5.  Pretty close.
    image imagePregnancy Ticker image
  • They estimated DS to be about or almost 9 pounds. He was 7 pounds 10.4 ounces.
  • I had an ultrasound the day before my induction. According to the ultrasound he was 8lb 5oz. Well that was way off because the next day when he came into the world he was 9lb 10oz!!!!
  • Personally, I think that the accuracy depends on the US tech.  Some take more precise measurements than others.  I never had an estimate for DS1, but this one they told me today is 7lbs 12oz.  I'll find out on Saturday.
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • My lo was estimated at 9 lbs 6 oz, came out a day later at 9 lbs 4 oz.

i agree with pp about that it depends on the ultrasound tech and how good they are. 

• bes12bes12 member
    U/s was 5 lbs 10 oz DS was born 12 hours later 5 lbs 14 oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • At 36 weeks they said she was about 5 lb 14 oz and she was born a day before her EDD at 7 lb 9 oz. so pretty spot on if you use the half a pound a week they say babies gain
  • For both kids, they were way of and I had the US within days of delivering. First time measured 8.5lbs and came in at 6.5 and second time measured 9lbs and came in at 7 5oz. Both times my dr told me she was confident the growth ultrasound was overstated and I felt like I was having a 7lb baby. I guess they are plus or minus 15,
    Which is huge
  • Pretty close. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they estimated LO was 6.5 lbs and she was born at 39 weeks 3 days at 6 lbs 130z.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bpotratbpotrat member
    Sounds good! I am going in to be induced tomorrow afternoon and had an U/S today to see about how big he will be....measured in at 7lb 14oz.....I have a strong feeling he is going to be about 8lb 8oz.....so just curious to see how others measured in :) I know a lot of it has to do with the skill of the U/S tech. Just getting super anxious! :D Good luck to all of the other soon-to-be mama's out there and congrats to those who are already snuggling with their LO <3
  • I sincerely hope that ultrasounds are off because my Dr. estimated 8lbs 11oz at my 38 week appointment.  Lord help me...lol
  • Mine was spot on but that is SUPER rare. I had an MFM who had a proprietary way of measuring on an ultrasound so he is known for being accurate. Other than my growth ultrasound, most people I know, their's is off by at least 1 to 2 lbs. and usually the dr tells them the baby will be bigger than the actually are.
  • They overestimated weight, but not by a ton.  At 36 weeks I was told they were 6lb and 6lb10oz; and they could gain up to 1/2 pound a week.  2 weeks later they were 6lb3oz and 7lb1oz.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"