January 2013 Moms

Wish me luck!

DS has been really fighting the swaddle lately and I've tried the one arm a couple times but then he just struggles to get his other arm free.  So tonight after he fought it for a few minutes I've decided to try and unswaddle cold turkey!  Not sure how this will go tonight but....I guess it doesn't hurt to try.  Wish me luck, this could be a bumpy ride!
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wish me luck!

• After less than 10 minutes and no tears he is out cold looking' like a starfish!  Here's hoping he stays that way!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We went cold turkey a couple weeks ago. It surprisingly wasn't all that bad. She still has trouble falling asleep the first time if she's not really exhausted because she wants to move her arms around a lot but I just help her by standing over her crib keeping her arms down for a few minutes until she falls asleep. Once she is asleep we have no problems getting back to sleep after her first feeding [other than a few scratches on her face]

ETA good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck to you! We stopped cold turkey as well and it worked out for us. Although now my DS loves to sleep face down in his crib which freaks me right out. But he is a much happier sleeper and is now STTN, technically, he only gets up once for a feeding compared to the 2-3 times a night when we were swaddling him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope tonight goes smooth. We are on night 2 of sleeping in the crib...so far it's going well.

• imagejjdillie:
    Hope tonight goes smooth. We are on night 2 of sleeping in the crib...so far it's going well.

Yeah for crib sleeping!  It made both DS and I sleep so much better.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOhBaby+2013:

imagejjdillie:
    Hope tonight goes smooth. We are on night 2 of sleeping in the crib...so far it's going well.

Yeah for crib sleeping!  It made both DS and I sleep so much better.  

I'm jealous of the crib sleeping! DS sleeps in the swing, which we did at least move downstairs to his room a couple weeks ago. That helped A LOT, but I am really looking forward to him sleeping in the crib, because that swing is a HASSLE to haul around.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2u2wow2u2wow member

worked well for us! i went from the tight velcro summer swaddle thing and found him face down one night to just a sleep sack with no arms. went way better than i was expecting and he sleeps fine with just the sleep sack!

good luck!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! and I am happy to hear so many success stories.  DS breaks out of his swaddle every night but so far I cannot get him to sleep more than 20 minutes without being swaddled unless he is in his swing or on me.  I am thinking of trying no swaddle at night next week but am a little chicken because he is clearly going through the 4 month sleep regression and I have doubts as to whether it will do any good right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're swaddleless now. I decided to use a sleep sack to take him down a notch. It's still keeping him kind of confined and MA is getting rain and cold at night so its working since they're fleece.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"