December 2011 Moms

Am I crazy?

Ok so we bought a used BOB duallie off of Craigslist over a year ago and it's ok.  It is faded and doesn't look great but works fine.  And it's orange (not my most favorite color).  I think I paid $320 for it. 

BUT....Kohls has one on sale for $626 right now - brand new, new model and I could get 30% off and an extra 15% off if I have my dad order it (he works there PT).  Plus I currently have $30 in Kohl's cash and would also earn $70 in Kohl's cash!  So after the 30% and 15% it would be $354.  I could use my $30 in Kohl's cash and it would be about the same as I paid for my used one as well as purchase through Ebates and earn 6% back (around $20).  And I'd earn $70 in Kohl's cash.  And I could get a color other than orange!

**OK forgot about tax - there will be tax so the amount will be slightly higher but at the most it will be $37. 

So am I crazy for wanting to buy a brand new stroller when I already have one?  I'm thinking maybe I could put the one I currently own on CL to see if it would sell for the same price I bought it and then could upgrade for free!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I crazy?

• You are asking strangers in the interweb for advice regarding finances and personal tastes... yes, you are crazy. Welcome to the Club.

I -- personally -- wouldn't upgrade something like a stroller unless it was either broken (I wouldn't sell a broken one though), or if the one I owned was not practical to my needs. Mind you I don't have the extra cash to toss around for things that I don't believe are necessary.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • RicolaRicola member
    I would buy it for sure if you use it regularly!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • I am a stroller whore so I say heck yes! You could definitely get 200 on CL for the old one.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • imagejesselayne8:
    I am a stroller whore so I say heck yes! You could definitely get 200 on CL for the old one.

Ha! I'm a stroller whore too! We already have the single and duallie BOB, Joovy caboose, maclaren triumph and I still have our snap n go which is useless.

• Ps I think it's a sign that I need a new one. Tried to go for a walk today and one of the tires was flat! And yes we will use it in the summer for walks/runs and can afford it right now.

• DO IT!!  The Kohl's deal is too complicated and crazy to pass on it - certainly makes a great story.

And you know - SOMEONE will buy your other one off CL....and they'll be looking for orange!

• I would do it too. It's nice to have a stroller you don't pretty much hate plus you should get what you paid for the other one somewhere around here :) If I had another kid already I might try to buy it from you haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok DH is on board!!!  Yay!  He was all for it!  So thanks for reassuring me that I'm not crazy for wanting another stroller.  I'm going to list ours today on CL.  We also have all the accessories, so maybe I can get more than what I'm going to pay for the new one!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"