Cloth Diapering

If you DO use MF inserts

how long have they lasted? 

The woman that runs a baby shop in town always says MF is finicky and lasts "6-12 months" in her experience before it needs replacing. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with 2 year old inserts that still work. They look like hell, and with a toddler I always double up with a natural fiber, but they're still functional. I think she's just trying to upsell. 

Re: If you DO use MF inserts

• Well over 18 months here with MF. I don't even think they look like hell.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

LO is only 7 months, and we've been using ours for 6 months.  My SoftBums and RaRs still look brand new.  My BG are starting to look a little bit used, but still fully functional. 

I have MF towels and washcloths that I've been using to clean with since 2005. 

I agree, she's definitely trying to upsell.  Why not just tell the truth and use the angle that as baby grows you'll likely need some natural fiber to handle the increasing pee?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Been using ours for 15 months (used prefolds for first 3 months). The certainly don't look new, but I don't notice any difference in absorbency.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Been usin them for almost 3 years, they're fine.
  • Ours are two years give or take but I do have one that is from a friend (green acre designs so it's kinda a funky loop) that graced the butt of her little girl for 2 years before my DD used it for another 2 and it's just fine thanks very much.  I've only doubled ON.  I will say that now that our BG's are fully unsnapped they feel thin but they still work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine are all 18 months to 22 months and still going fine. I don't double absorbencey except for at night. They also look ok, not too ratty but we have had stink issues that are challenging.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"