Health & Exercise

GPS watch?

So several months ago (beginning of February, I think) I bought a Polar FT7...mainly for heart rate training, calories, just the basic workout measurements.  I also started running around that time.  And I am really starting to love running.  I now want to get a GPS watch for running.  I do use map my run on my iphone, but would rather take my ipod touch with me outside (it is my work iphone) and blah blah blah...long story short, I want a GPS watch. 

At work, I do have a fitness center, and they have regular competitions, challenges, etc.  We just wrapped up a 6 month challenge and I managed to score enough points ot fall in the top tier of rewards.  So, I have $250 I can put towards a GPS sport watch. I like my Polar, but seems like a lot of people like Garmins.  I bought my husband a Garmin 910XT for Christmas...but obviously not what I need since it is more for tri training. 

Thoughts?  Recommendations?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GPS watch?

• Hey lady!

I have the Garmin Forerunner 305. I've been using it for 2.5 years now and I have no complaints. It's a little bulky, but I'm used to it. If I was buying one today, I'd probably go with the 410, only because it's lighter and usually sells for the same price on amazon.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • I don't know why I didn't just ask you in the first place!  How are you doing?  Any baby yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Garmin depending on the watch!  My favorite was the 110.  I also had the 405 and it was too much for me.  I really like the 10 because it's cheaper and has everything I need on it and it's smaller than the other bulky ones!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the Garmin 110 and LOVE it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageSunidaze:
    I don't know why I didn't just ask you in the first place!  How are you doing?  Any baby yet?

No baby yet. I'm preparing myself for a week overdue. Clearly, I won't be able to walk it out, if running hasn't gotten things going yet :)

I do like the 110, stylistically, but I use the heck out of my interval timer and I was under the impression that the 110 didn't have as much flexibility with that. If I'm wrong I'll definitely be getting one when my 305 bites the dust!

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • care99care99 member
    I have a Garmin 610 and love it.  Previously had a 305, but it was so big on my wrist, so I upgraded and gave my other one to DH. :)
  • argonneargonne member
    I have the Garmin 210.  I love it.  It doesn't have a ton of functions, but all I wanted was distance, time and pace.  You can upload your data to the computer for more information.  It is about $200.  I've had it since November and still love it.  Before that I had the 410, which was bulkier, but gave me altitude as well.

• I did end up selecting the 210 and adding in a heart monitor.  I talked to a few people and right now, with the level I'm at, this one makes the most sense for me.
  • argonneargonne member

imageSunidaze:
    I did end up selecting the 210 and adding in a heart monitor.  I talked to a few people and right now, with the level I'm at, this one makes the most sense for me.

Good choice.  FWIW, I'm a serious runner (marathons and ultra stuff) and the 210 is perfect for my needs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"