August 2013 Moms

Fellow Tall Girls...

Calling on my fellow tall pregnant ladies...

I am 5'11" and REALLY want to find some cute maternity maxi dresses or long skirts for the summer.  I am having a hard time finding anything that is long enough. 

As you may know the maxi dresses that aren't long enough end up hitting your mid shins at a really weird place that just isn't flattering (in my opinion)

Have any of you found anywhere that has extra long ones?? 

TIA

Re: Fellow Tall Girls...

• I'm having that same issue, so I'll be lurking for an answer :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not quite that tall (5'8'') but Target had a few cute ones that were a little long on me that I tried on over the weekend...maybe look there.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageklar4230:
    I'm not quite that tall (5'8'') but Target had a few cute ones that were a little long on me that I tried on over the weekend...maybe look there.

Thank you.  I actually went there last night in hopes they had something.  They did have some long skirts that were fairly long, but no maxi dresses.  I guess its still early in the summer season so I will definitely check back there from time to time. 

I did try some of their maxis that weren't maternity which could have worked for me, but my bump lifted them up a few inches to that awkward length I was talking about LOL. 

At least I know where to go post-pregnancy!  Smile

• Sorry, short (5'2) girl here, but I have a random observation...

What height are maxi dresses made for??!?! Everyone I have ever tried is too long. Some, I can't even wear with 5 inch heels, because they are still too long!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• imageMommyKristin88:

Sorry, short (5'2) girl here, but I have a random observation...

What height are maxi dresses made for??!?! Everyone I have ever tried is too long. Some, I can't even wear with 5 inch heels, because they are still too long!

Not sure.  My guess would be 5'8-5'9"... ??  They have always been too short for me! 

• I just checked Long Tall Sally.  They only have maternity pants right now, but their regular maxi dresses might be ok still :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelialakacz:
    I just checked Long Tall Sally.  They only have maternity pants right now, but their regular maxi dresses might be ok still :)

Oh my... where has Long Tall Sally been all my life?!?!  Ha-ha.  I hadn't heard of this line until now.  The maxi dresses on their website are gorgeous!!

I know what I am doing this afternoon now... Wink

• Bookmarking this thread...I'm 5'10''. I found a long enough maxi skirt at old navy, but have yet to find a long enough dress.
  • imagesomebodysmama21:
    For once in my life I can say this I think they are made for my size. I am 5'5" and maxi dresses sit at the perfect spot for me. Sorry you guys are struggling to find the right length. That is frustrating. If it makes you feel any better I never think twice when tall women's dresses are mid calf length

Thank you for this... does make me feel somewhat better.  I think I care more than I probably should but I just love the look of a floor length flowy dress!! 

• Long Tall Sally is big on maxi-length (they've been around for awhile, bought out all of the Tall Girl stores in the US and then closed them. I'm still bitter.)

Ann Taylor has a few:

https://www.anntaylor.com/ann/cat/AT-Tall/AT-Tall-Dresses/cat140006?trail=4008:2Tall:19021:Maxi&pageSize=&gridSize=md&catid=cat140006&goToPage=&fRequest=true

Long Elegant Legs as well:

https://www.tallwomensclothes.com/category/dresses

BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a black and white striped maxi from Old Navy that is long enough. I also found that the Calvin Klein (not maternity, just regular maxi dress) maxis at TJ Maxx run really long. Also, not sure what price range you are checking out, but I have found the brand Splendid (I order via Piperlime) to run super long. I have the black maxi ($88 on Piperlime) that I bought last summer pre-pregnancy and it is perfect, even now. It has a fold over panel in the front that can be worn under or over the belly. I have been wearing it all the time. I haven't tried any of their maxi dresses, but I am guessing that they run equally long. Totally worth a try. Plus, I love how their fabric is a heavy enough weight not to show - ahem- lumps. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Short girl here. But you might be able to try at Cato Fashions. They don't have maternity, but their reg sizes are from 4 up to a 32 (I believe).  And when I used to work there, there were a lot of tall women that came in for the maxi dresses because they were actually long enough.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for posting this!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the past I had good luck at Old Navy. I am not quite as tall though, 5'8.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! 

It doesn't help me much that I am in Canada and a lot of these places don't exist here or ship to here!  Booo... ha-ha. 

But there are a couple I have checked out that ships here!  Time for me to shop! 

• Victoria Secret has some longer ones I believe. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Thanks for posting this! I'm almost 5'10" and even though I don't personally like maxi dresses, I'll be sure to check out the suggestions on here for other tall clothes. :)
  • imagekwhite27:

Calling on my fellow tall pregnant ladies...

I am 5'11" and REALLY want to find some cute maternity maxi dresses or long skirts for the summer.  I am having a hard time finding anything that is long enough. 

As you may know the maxi dresses that aren't long enough end up hitting your mid shins at a really weird place that just isn't flattering (in my opinion)

Have any of you found anywhere that has extra long ones?? 

TIA

Hello sister!  :)

• I've had success with Asos and the Gap online.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageThat.Just.Happened:
    In the past I had good luck at Old Navy. I am not quite as tall though, 5'8.

This. Except I'm 5 10
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• It doesn't help that our bumps raise them even MORE in the front. This made me cry today at Kohls
  • Try Max Studio dresses. I am 5'6" and just hemmed one 4 inches and it was still long for me....but I love the dress and still wear it :) If you don't have any Max Studios their stuff is sold at Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack. Also, a lot of outlet malls have one of their stores and you can get great deals there. GL!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsf123mrsf123 member
    imagekwhite27:
    imageMommyKristin88:

Sorry, short (5'2) girl here, but I have a random observation...

Not sure.  My guess would be 5'8-5'9"... ??  They have always been too short for me! 

I'm 5'7" with looooong legs and short torso and they're always a TEENY BIT too short on me too.  My guess has always been 5'5"....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 6"2 and let me tell you being pregnant and being tall is not easy when it comes to finding clothes.. Jeans were the worst I need a 37in inseam .. I was able to find some cute maxi dresses that are not Maternity at target it was Mossimo brand- black and an almost skin tone peachy color I guess it's striped ( you can order it online ).. I also have been lucky to find long dresses at Ross I am not sure if you have a Ross by you but they always have cute dresses .. Good luck my fellow tall bump buddy 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"