February 2013 Moms

Ergo question

So I took out the infant insert about a week ago, and now I have a question. When DD2 gets mad, she pushes her legs down like she's trying to stand up/push herself up. When she does that, her feet slip under the waist strap of the Ergo. I've tried tightening it, but even if I have it so tight it's uncomfortable and I feel like I'm giving myself a muffin top above the Ergo strap, her feet can still slip under the strap. They don't slip all the way through to the bottom, but then they're pressed between the strap and my stomach, and if I were to let her keep struggling, they would definitely poke out beneath the bottom of the strap.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it normal? Am I doing something wrong?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

Re: Ergo question

• I really couldn't say what your problem could be but DD does the same to me when she is upset and her feet don't slip through. I wear the ergo around my hips though because I am so short and DD is sort of tallish (85th percentile).

Maybe the stiff bottom/front part of your Ergo is softened up from use? Can it do that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you wearing it low enough? Like PP I wear mine on my hips and that way I can make it as tight as it will possibly go without hurtinf myself
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • imageSidraJedi:

I really couldn't say what your problem could be but DD does the same to me when she is upset and her feet don't slip through. I wear the ergo around my hips though because I am so short and DD is sort of tallish (85th percentile).

Maybe the stiff bottom/front part of your Ergo is softened up from use? Can it do that?

I bought it used, so that's possible. I don't know what a new one feels like, but my front part isn't all that stiff.

Gut your minds out of the gutter, people, I'm talking about my Ergo... ;-)

And I wear it between my hips and my natural waist. Maybe I can try to shift it down some and see if that helps. I just feel like if it's around my hips then it will slide up.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I Just Let DS Sit With His Legs Out Not Like A Frog. He Is Too Long To Sit Like A Frog.
    imageimageimage
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    I'm having a similar issue. He is too big for the infant insert but kicks and slips down and then screams. He's like in a weird in between phase!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"