Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FTM How long till no. 2?

How long are you all planning to wait for no 2?  Or are you "one and done"?

Did having your first change your expectations about how many LO's you want? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FTM How long till no. 2?

• Not a FTM but I remember thinking about more. I didn't get to a point where another child didn't seem terrifying until about 18 months PP, and even then it was a wine induced choice haha. I never expected parenting to be the way it is, even still, the older my child gets, the more I am shocked.

Before kids, I would have wanted 4 or 5. Now, I am counting down the days to graduation. :P Okay, not really, but..there are some rough days.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I'm a FTM.  I'm not scared or overwhelmed by the thought of more at this point.

We are planning to start trying for #2 in two years.  We currently would like to stop at two children.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have loved to get pregnant right away after my DD was born. I'm still waiting right now (she's 15 months) but I would love to get pregnant anytime. I want 5+ kids. 
  • ohlordyohlordy member

We're going to start trying when DD is almost 3. I want her to be able to enjoy her baby/toddler stages without having to worry about another young'n. 

1 week PP I was dreaming about having 2 more, but I think we're ok with just one more. DH will be 37 going on 38 when we try for #2 and he already says how old he is now (34 ... Come on now!)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• There are days I'm like "nope this is it, one and done". Then out of no where I feel sad that I'm not pregnant anymore and I look at my DH and say "I want 2 more!" We are for sure waiting until DD is 2 before trying for another though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't think it's changed my mind about having a second child, but 35 hours of labor and all of the side effects I went through right after have definitely effected how soon I'd want to try again. Not any time soon! And it's a shame because my pregnancy was wonderful and I'd do that again in a heartbeat..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• If I could, I'd be a Duggar. 

No, seriously, I'd like 4 or 5 close together if I could be a SAHM. But that's not feasible. We have to wait until LO is 3 or 4 to be able to afford the day care costs.  

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • We would like to have 2 more. But I'm going to enjoy this LO for a while before number 2 is thought of. Plus we both really want to purchase a house before we TTC again. I'm thinking probably when #1 is 2 1/2-3 years old.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started TTC #2 when #1 was about 17 months old and got pg on the first try. Then TTC #3 when #2 was about 15 or 16 months old. Again got pg on the first try. I love that our kids are 2 years apart, even though it's a bit chaotic at times. Our oldest two are at the perfect age now and play together nicely (most of the time) and are thick as thieves. 
    Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• Now that I have DS, part of me wants to have 3 or 4 kids because I love him so much and he is so perfect. However, I also see what a full-time job iris. We will definitely have another, but I don't think we'll be ready for the second one to be born until DS is 3 or 4. The thought of having a two year old and an infant Is overwhelming and i feel like I would never get to sleep again!

also, DS is literally the easiest baby ever, so I am terrified that the next might be WAY more challenging. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Not a FTM but I have always wanted three children and I wasn't scared of having more after DS1. However, the more time went on, the more I appreciated his self sufficiency. I was more afraid for DS2 than I was with DS1. I wasn't sure how I could handle having two kids. They are almost exactly 3 years apart.

I recently got an IUD, and I want to be done having children. FI wants one more, so I said that we'd reevaluate in two years. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Even though my LO is not a super easy baby (not really difficult either), I can not wait to have another. But I will. We will probably wait until he is about 1.5 years to try again. Maybe sooner, maybe later depending on how things are going.

I always thought I wanted 3 kids, but now knowing how much work 1 is, I am not sure how people have 3+. So it is likely we will stick to 2, maaaaaaaaaaybe 3. 

• LO is still only 3 weeks old, so I'm sure my opinion is going to fluctuate over the next months, but right now we're still planning to start trying for #2 before LO is one year old.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha yeah so my baby is 11 weeks on Friday and I want to get pregnant in August lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Initially there was no doubt in my mind that we were having 2 children, and DH wants 2. But since having our first, I haven't been as certain because the whole experience was rough. However, I'm slowly going back to wanting a 2nd. I really don't want our LO growing up alone without a sibling. I'm 35-years-old so I can't wait too long, but I don't want to have one right away. I actually have thought about freezing my eggs and waiting until I'm 40. Who knows. I think we'll just know when the time is right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I have decided to try to wait until LO is 2 to start trying for our next. Ultimately  would like 3
  • At least 2 years.  I'm turning 30 the day after my son's due date, but I'd like enough time to get my body back to normal before going through everything again without waiting until post 35 (which sounds a little scary).  But we definitely want to have another one (or two).
  • LO is almost 9 weeks old and DH and I have agreed we want 4 (he wants 6, but has agreed 4 is alright). We are both 29 and want to be under 40 by the time we have our last LO so we want them all close in age. We really want our second one, but have agreed waiting until DD is at least 6 months is good enough so we can enjoy her first full year before adding another.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• a13049a13049 member
    We are one and done. I wasn't supposed to be able to conceive at all, we went through a roller coaster of infertility treatments that ended in heart break. We got our miracle baby with out trying and we feel it is best for our family to focus our attention and resources on our precious miracle. TTC can be really expensive, and the miscarriages take a toll both mentally and physically.

• FTM, knock on wood but my pregnancy and labor was a breeze... definitely influenced our decision o have another. Probably 1 or 2 more. I want to wait until this LO is over a year... I'll be finishing up my law degree by that time. I had LO right before final exams this past semester, and trying to study suuuuuucked!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • jgoetz1jgoetz1 member
    I want to start trying when DS is one year old.  Our first two kids are 18 months apart and I love having them close in age, but want to wait a little longer to have our third.  If it happens before that I'd be ok with it though.  I think I may want 4 kids and I am 33 so want to keep going!  DH wants at least a third, but is not convinced to have a fourth yet.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • h2babeh2babe member
    Not a FTM here, but I wasn't ready for #2 until DD#1 was around 18 months old. She was an incredibly intense baby and didn't STTN until 18 months. I also was still breastfeeding in the mornings and evenings, and found out that I had to quit doing that before I could start ovulating. DD#1 will be 2 months shy of 3yrs old when #2 is born and I think it is a perfect spacing. She is so much more independent, is almost potty trained, and we can "communicate" with her a lot better than we would have if she was younger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"