Working Moms

My job and traveling

So I was informed I would need to start traveling for my job next month. My LO will only be 4 months and I do not want to leave her for a week every month. I emailed my boss and told him I was nursing and I would not be able to do any overnight travel, he said he normally only gives women 2 months after they come back from maternity leave of no travel. So that would mean for me June, I am just so mad. I understand yes it is part of my job, but he could also let me do some local travel that doesn't require overnight just until I am done BF. How is this right?

Re: My job and traveling

• JLS0320JLS0320 member
    I know traveling sucks when you are nursing and have a baby, trust me, I know. That being said, if your job requires it, then you have to do it or find another job. I nursed both my boys for over a year each, my pump was my best friend when I wasn't home, and it worked out great.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's terrible! What a jerk! I'm sorry for your situation that must be so hard! Besides BFing I'd hate to leave my 4 month old for a week!
  • Loading the player...
  • thedashthedash member
    A full week each month is a lot of travel. Did you know that was going to be part of your job before your maternity leave? I'm sorry it's a tough situation.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Yes, this is what I have been doing for the past 3 years. I was just hoping I could avoid travel for the first year. I know I cant complain too much since I knew it would be coming. I was just hoping he would work with me on doing some local travel where I could still be home after my work day instead of in another state. I will try my best to see what I can do I guess or find something else that doesnt require travel. 

• I took two international work trips in my daughter's first year and I took her both times, hiring a nanny while I was there. Just another idea to consider if any of your trips are longer than a week!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • marym94marym94 member
    Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your situation. I know it sucks. I worked it out so I could reduce some of my trips by one day.... Every day counts when you have to be away from your baby! And for longer trips my LO comes with for half... My husband takes a couple days off or a sitter or family... Hugs!

• I know it sucks, but you can travel and nurse. I've done 5 days of travel at a time and kept up BF. Overnight would seem so easy! I have a whole set of travel and pumping tips that I'll dig up and post for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"