January 2013 Moms

STTN and diaper changes

My DD is a great sleeper, averaging about 10 hours all the way through 45nights a week. Is it bad that I am letting her sit for that long in a seriously pee filled diaper?? She doesn't have a rash and is bathed daily, but am I taking advantage of her great sleep habits and making a mistake by not changing her?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: STTN and diaper changes

• No, don't change her.  They're fine in a wet diaper all night.  You have many years of STTN before LO is trained, you do not have to wake them!
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I only change his diaper in the middle of the night if he is wide awake and I know it won't make a difference. If he's sleeping or even half-wakes up to eat, I let it be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We sleep 10:30 to 6:30 lately. I just make sure she has a really good coating of diaper cream on at the last changing at night.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• jobiannjobiann member
    DS typically goes from 7:30pm to 6am without a diaper change. I do put a bunch of butt cream on him at his bedtime diaper change.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• They usually pee a less if they STTN because they aren't waking to be fed multiple times so your diaper should be able to manage all night. DD still wakes up a couple times and last night I changed her at 4 AM [first change since 7 PM] and it was a huge mistake. Her diaper wasn't even all that wet & she woke up wide eyed and wouldn't go back to sleep for like 1.5 hours.
  • ta78ta78 member
    Enjoy your sleep. You don't want to wake up in the middle of the night, every night for the next 2 years do you?

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• DD sleeps 12 hours most nights and stays in her diaper. I wouldn't dare wake her up just for a diaper change. I try to put a layer of desitin on for her last diaper of the night, and she hasn't had a rash yet. I wouldnt worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EagsEags member
    Like PPs have said, I don't wake DS but I do put diaper cream on before bed.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    I don't change her and she hasn't leaked. She doesn't poop at night.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I never wake for a diaper change. And even towards the end of the nighttime feedings I stopped changing because DS would be nice and drowsy. Honestly, I don't even change for poop at night! Unless there is a major leakage issue going on, I leave DS in his diaper until morning. Now he STTN so it's definitely not happening!
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only change if I am going to feed. I only feed if I know that patting her stomach or rocking her to sleep wont work.
  • DD STTN for 12-13 hours and we never wake her up to change her diaper, it's fine

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I don't do a diaper change either, I enjoy the sleep. But I put lots of Desitin on her during her last diaper change before bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"