Pre-School and Daycare

Preschool Reports

Do you receive any written reports from preschool? Any formal meetings to discuss progress? My son is 2.5 and attends preschool two mornings a week. I don't get anything formal just a brief exchange at pickup. My sister used to get a weekly report and a teacher conference twice a year. Not sure what's normal. Thanks!!!

Re: Preschool Reports

• Spin313Spin313 member
    Our preschool has two conferences per year, one in November and one in May.

• rsd12rsd12 member
    imageSpin313:

Same for us, but not sure if I would expect this for a 2 and a half yr old. Besides socialization and you are getting daily updates, not sure what else you would need to know at this age.

But I would check with the school to see what they do for the older kids, because then you are talking about kindergarten readiness.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • imagersd12:
    imageSpin313:
    Same for us, but not sure if I would expect this for a 2 and a half yr old. Besides socialization and you are getting daily updates, not sure what else you would need to know at this age. But I would check with the school to see what they do for the older kids, because then you are talking about kindergarten readiness.

I agree. I wouldn't expect teacher conferences for 2 year olds, nor do I think they are all that necessary. If there are issues in the classroom, at this age I'm sure they would revolve around socialization, I'm sure the teacher would let you know. 

Hawaii
  • At that age all we got was info at pick up

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2.5 may not necessarily be considered preschool yet.

At our school, we have yearly parent teacher conferences in the spring for all children from the infant room all the way up to prek 2.  We didn't start getting written reports till she was in prek1 at 3 turning 4, and we get 2 per year.  It's the same for prek2 which is 4 turning 5.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kpips20kpips20 member

Our school desn't have any parent/teacher meetings (unless one is requested to address something) and we get a written eval at the end of the year. I trust that the teachers will seek me out at drop off or pick up and tell me anything that I need to be aware of.

I have friends whose kids get reports once a month and conferences twice a year s I think it can really vary.

• When my kids were in preschool we got a written report in November and a conference in early March.  Of course, the teachers always kept parents up to speed on the day-to-day stuff at drop-off and pick up as well.

It's really unusual for a preschool not to do any kind of formal communication with the parents.  I'm sure they do something.  Just call the director, or ask when you drop off one day.  Or ask a parent of a classmate who has had older kids go through the school. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • roxy_jjroxy_jj member
    We get a detailed progress report once a quarter.  We received the progress reports when they were 2.  The year before they are scheduled to start kindergarten we also have 2 conferences. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • At 2.5, no they didn't give us progress notes.  When he entered the 3 year old classroom, we got parent teacher conferences once a year and an update in the spring.  I wouldn't expect anything written at the 2 year old level.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"