Breastfeeding

One more Mastitis question

Here is the timeline of what happened.

Monday- sore breast, thought it was a clogged duct, I felt fine

Tuesday- Morning - Breast waaaaayyy more sore, felt fine

Early Afternoon- Breast killing me, felt like I had the flu, headache, chills, nausea, 101 fever (took tylenol)

Bedtime - started to feel better, fever down to 98-99(took tylenol)

Today- Headache, breast still sore but not as bad, no more "flu" symptoms, no fever

My question: This morning DH picked up an antibiotic my gyno called in for me. Do you think I need to take it? Im nervous about taking it bc of thrush or it hurting my supply, but if its the only way to get rid of the mastitis, I will. Its something like dixocillian 4x a day. Thank you ladies for your thoughts! :)

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: One more Mastitis question

• I had a very short bout of mastitis when DD was just a few days old that resolved without antibiotics. Were I in your position, I would probably skip them.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I would call your OB and ask, maybe they will have you just keep them and start them if symptoms return. FWIW, I took the same antibiotic because mine wouldn't get better on its own and it did not hurt my supply or cause thrush.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hilsy85hilsy85 member
    I personally would take the antibiotics to make sure the mastitis is gone...you can take probiotics as well to help ward off thrush. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • My symptoms went away for awhile, the just came back yesterday. I am now going to start taking my antibiotic to make sure it stays away!
    proof-3 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"