November 2012 Moms

Rolling on tummy during naps and bedtime

Ladies! Haven't posted in a while but I do need ur input on a on going issue in our household! My LO has been rolling from back to tummy for about 3 weeks now! Fun, fun, fun! However, for the past two weeks, naps and bedtime have been hell since when I put her down to sleep, we can spend about 1 hour going back in and out to "un stuck" her. She rolls to her tummy, giggles for a moment, then screams for my help to put her back on her back.

Any advice? I don't want to let her cry since I don't know if she just want my attention or if she's stuck. Most of the time, she is stuck. Anyone going through this? She has roll from tummy to back only a few times. Tonight, it's been 1hour and a half so far of going in and out. I can see she is tired. I wish I could let her sleep on her tummy but she clearly doesn't like it since she screams for my help.

Re: Rolling on tummy during naps and bedtime

• sara785sara785 member
    No advice, but same boat here! She woke herself up Sunday night and she was PISSED that she was on her belly. All day today, she flipped over; no naps for us. She likes to sleep on her side anyway, so it's that much easier for her to accidentally end up on her belly. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • D was doing this in his sleep for about a week then he just stopped. When he would accidentally roll I would let him struggle for 2-3 minutes to see if he would right himself. If he couldn't I would roll him back over.

Not sure why he stopped, he just did. He is also a side sleeper. Maybe he just got better at flipping around in the crib?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say it'll pass because it did for us. But it only lasted a few days. He rolled and was so mad. But that was right when he first learned to roll and he doesn't do it during naps or at night now. I can't really think of any advice. I'm sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about staying in the room and maybe rubbing her belly until she falls asleep? Or give her a lovey to put on the side she usually rolls towards to kind of 'block' that side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure about your LO, but mine used his arms for leverage to roll and so he couldn't roll when we swaddled him. By the time we broke the swaddle he was more comfortable on his tummy and he became a tummy sleeper. Like a PP, we let him fuss a couple minutes to see if he'd flip back, and instead he went to sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We went through a transition period where she would roll to her tummy but hate it. It took about a week or so for her to get over it. It is frustrating but I think they just need to get used to it a bit.
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)
  • imageabfromva2:
    We went through a transition period where she would roll to her tummy but hate it. It took about a week or so for her to get over it. It is frustrating but I think they just need to get used to it a bit.

This. N used to get pretty spooked when he would roll tohis tummy in his crib. He would cry and I would keep going in and out of his room to roll him back over. I would say after about a week of that, he got used to it. Now he loves sleeping on his tummy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• F discovered the joys of tummy sleeping pretty much at the same time we started sleep training.  So, I guess we just let him CIO until he figured out that he perfers the tummy. GL!

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I guess I just have to let it go and it will pass....it's just been going on for more than two weeks now so I feel that all the sleep training we did in the past, that worked wonders for us, it's all gone down the toilet since now everytime she cries, we run to her rescue! Last night was the worst night!!! from 10pm to 3 am, I just went in her room every 15 min to calm her down and put her back into position. It sucks! Lol
  • This happened to us too.  It lasted about 3 weeks!  It sucked. I always went in and rolled him back over and it took forever to calm him down.  I tried everything - I tried propping him up so he couldn't roll all the way over. It didn't work. I co-slept with him a few nights.  We increased the amount of tummy time during the day and were tried to teach him how to roll over the other way.  Finally, it just clicked and now he sleeps all over the place in his crib.  On his tummy, on his side, on his back, at the top of his crib, at the bottom of his crib.  It is funny. Hang in there.

• imagekangtini:
    This happened to us too.nbsp; It lasted about 3 weeks!nbsp; It sucked. I always went in and rolled him back over and it took forever to calm him down.nbsp; I tried everything I tried propping him up so he couldn't roll all the way over. It didn't work. I coslept with him a few nights.nbsp; We increased the amount of tummy time during the day and were tried to teach him how to roll over the other way.nbsp; Finally, it just clicked and now he sleeps all over the place in his crib.nbsp; On his tummy, on his side, on his back, at the top of his crib, at the bottom of his crib.nbsp; It is funny. Hang in there.

Thanks! It just sucks for now. Well, I will wait it out lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"