January 2013 Moms

For those who use the Pack N Play Bassinet....

Do you really have to discontinue use at 15 lbs?  That seems so crazy when the RnP is 25 lbs.  Currently we start our DS out in the PNP Bassinet in our room.  After he wakes to feed (just once per night around 3 am pretty consistently) he often doesn't want to go back in it so then I use the RnP until I have to wake him up to feed him before work around 6:30.  He has his 4 month appointment on Thursday so then I'll find out for sure how much we weighs, and I'm pretty sure he is over 15 lbs...but the PNP still seems to fit him just fine!  I'm really not quite ready to have him out of our room and in his crib.  What are others doing?
image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: For those who use the Pack N Play Bassinet....

• Do you mean the little bassinet that clicked on top and was also a changing table? That I took off at 10 weeks because he was rolling and too long so he'd try pushing himself out.
    I think the bottom part that's elevated to 8 inches below the top of the PnP, like a class bottom, is the piece they were saying in the other post to be rated for 15 lbs max. I think C is 15 lbs but I haven't moved the false bottom yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is pushing 17 lbs and I actually just started her in the bassinet portion this week. It is really stable. My DH says often when they give a weight limit it is actually a lot higher than they state.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • kimmletkimmlet member
    My sister used hers for too long and the bassinet part is so badly bowed that I'm afraid to let DS sleep in it at my mom's house.  I'm going to remove mine and just have him sleep in the bottom part.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ==N====N== member

Dd is about 15 lbs right now but I want to wait until the weather warms up before moving her. I want her in our room a little longer but I feel like she'll get cold so close to the floor.

My 50 lb ds got in it the other day trying to be funny. I was mad at the time because he could have broke it, but he didnt, so I feel ok about keeping dd in it for a little while longer.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMichieU79:
    Why don't you just lower the infant bassinet (the position where the floor is about 8" from the top)down the the ground (like a normal pack n play) and have your LO sleep a bit lower?

I have a really high bed and we co-sleep and occasionally bedshare. Having him elevated helps me so I don't have to actually leave the bed to get him from the PnP when he needs to feed. Right now it's totally stable and not bowing or anything so he may not be 15lbs yet or the PnP is sturdier than the maximum.

• I'm on my phone so I can't read the question. The phone cuts off the title of the post. But I'm assuming you're talking about the bassinet part of the pnp? We stopped using it long ago because Lily would move so much, the pnp would rock. She used the bottom of the pnp, without the bassinet atrachment, to sleep in for the past 3 or 4 weeks. We moved her to her crib last night. But using the regular, bottom part of the pnp shouldn't be a problem. Lily loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"